Going to movie alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gal_lisa

Reaction score
Hi
i just wanted to ask your opinion here...
is it OK to go out by yourself to places where everybody else is with somebody? like movies, restaurants, performances.

there's a few movies i really want to see but it feels so embarassing to go alone.

also, what about going to a rock concert alone? is that really bad to be there by yourself? won't everybody around me notice if i'm not with somebody?

i'm just sick of sitting at home!

i think it's ok to go by yourself (not embarassing) but it depends on how you feel.
i could'nt do it and missed out on seeing slipknot in cardiff :(

punisher said:
i think it's ok to go by yourself (not embarassing) but it depends on how you feel.
i could'nt do it and missed out on seeing slipknot in cardiff :(

I completely agree. If you don't feel self conscious about doing something like that then go for it! And in reality I'd say the movies would be the easiest place to go alone even if you do feel weird about it since it's relatively dark and harder to be seen.

Of course it's okay! You shouldn't miss out on stuff just becouse you don't have anyone to go with. :)

One of my favorit bands (Meshuggah) are playing here in my town in a few months and if I can't persuade my brother or my sister to come along I'll go on my own. :p

Sure it is alright to go alone. It does make some people uncomfortable to do it and others can be fine with it. As far as the concerts, they are often so crowded that it could be difficult for people to even tell that you are alone.

Go for it, and remember, you won't have anyone stealing your popcorn.

I find it preferable to go to the movies alone. That way you get to see what you want and you get to go on your own time. No waiting for your friend to show up 5 minutes before the movie starts and getting bad seats.

I'm not sure that anyone will notice that you are by yourself. They're all wrapped up in their own lives to care. Go have fun! ; )

yay i've been to tons of movies by myself no one really notices i mean it's all dark and everyone is watching the movie most the time so i've never had any problems with it.

I go places alone all the time. If it's that big of a deal just go at times when those places aren't so populated, like go to the movies during the daytime on a weekday. At concerts, at least in my experience, no one gives two shits about anyone else.

Or course it's ok to go by yourself. If you really want to see something, you shouldn't let it hold you back. It may feel a bit awkward, but honestly, no one cares. It's just in your mind.

Concerts are so crowded anyway, and everyone are there to see the band. No one will notice or care about you. You can just pretend that you and your friend didn't get seats next to eachother ^^

And like Unacceptance said, go watch a movie during daytime. I always do that. I prefer when there's few people. Not so crowded and not so much noice. And I've seen plenty of people by themselves during these times. Suits me perfect

Now go watch some movies!

Yea going places alone is perfectly okay I go to comedy shows and movies alone sometimes and it is okay. Movies alone are great, you don't have to worry about someone talking in your ear and you get to sit where you want and you still get to see a movie sounds like a win-win to me

i was just thinking i only been to the movies twice in my entire life. i must be a freak :p

ya i like when i'm like the only person in the theatre and i actually just lay across the seats and get comfy in my own row

evanescencefan91 said:
ya i like when i'm like the only person in the theatre and i actually just lay across the seats and get comfy in my own row

Yeah it's cool, the last time i went with my ex at 9am and it was just us. We did'nt lay across the seats but we did a lot of shouting and sceaming :p it was fun.

gal_lisa said:
Hi
i just wanted to ask your opinion here...
is it OK to go out by yourself to places where everybody else is with somebody? like movies, restaurants, performances.

there's a few movies i really want to see but it feels so embarassing to go alone.

also, what about going to a rock concert alone? is that really bad to be there by yourself? won't everybody around me notice if i'm not with somebody?

i'm just sick of sitting at home!

I've been to the movies alone maybe once because I usually take my sister or something.

But I routinely eat at restaurants alone. I'm a Breakfast Regular at one place here in town. Actually, now that you mention it, it is a little odd I guess. After breakfast time I'm usually the only one there eating alone and that does make me feel a little tense/lonely since it highlights it.

But I'll continue to do so because I like the restaurant experience, and I like food. You should do it, too, if you feel like it :)

As a side note to guys, don't go to strip clubs alone. It's somewhat embarassing when a naked girl trying to con you out of $20 asks where your friends are. Has the potential to kill the whole lapdance, really.

Brian said:
As a side note to guys, don't go to strip clubs alone. It's somewhat embarassing when a naked girl trying to con you out of $20 asks where your friends are. Has the potential to kill the whole lapdance, really.

:p

I went to see a film on my own one time and really enjoyed it. I would do it again as well :) Go for it is what I say.

Don't worry what other people will think, I admire you for having the guts to do that, I've always been to afraid for certain reasons I'll keep contained unless you really want to know.

Latest posts

Back