Good days and bad days

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThinkPositive

Reaction score
The past day's especially been rough. Last night I binged on junk food and went to bed feeling really crappy. I usually feel alright in the mornings, but this morning I even woke up feeling bad, and I couldn't even muster the energy to go running (something I do regularly) and ended up going back to bed.

Argh! I feel like I do what you're supposed to do. I try to think positive (like my username), I try to go to bed and wake up at a reasonable time every day, I get regular exercise, I go out and do stuff on my own (movies and such). I feel like I'm going into depression. I hope it passes; I hope this is just a bad day like most people have bad days and good days... Every day, everything seems like struggle, though.

I can relate.. I just made a new thread today in the diary section. I woke up feeling really horrible today.. I managed to get out of it. But I know how hard it is too. I'm trying to figure it out myself.
~L

Life is a struggle. Welcome to the club.

Here's a hint that might help you out: The struggle doesn't end until you die. And why would you want it to? The chaos and fight of life gives us so many opportunities to experience so many different things... why would anyone want a slow, peaceful life?

Just jump in and enjoy the experiences that get tossed your way! :D

Thanks, guys. My day yesterday didn't really get much better, but I'm happy to report that so far today is going relatively well. :)

I really am trying hard! Not being able to find a new job is really disheartening and gets me down sometimes, but I also try to remember how insanely busy I was when I *was* working, so I'm trying to take advantage of the free time I have.

I got the same problem ThinkPositive. I was also fearing i would go into a depression and surely have some signs of it, especially sleepiness. This month i reduced my drinking, because i got trouble reading. The letters were dancing. I was at 30 glasses a week, and now i am at 10. What really helped for me is to go to a dance school, do volunteerwork with children and i acquired some girlfriends via stranger chat, which is fun. I guess it is best to find some people to do something with. I think volunteer work would be the best. But, i don't know how badly you need money in your country when you are unemployed.

Daan, Good job on reducing the alcohol intake! I don't drink much...maybe a drink a few times a week. I talked to a new place to volunteer with, so hopefully I'll be starting that soon.

I'm mostly living off my savings right now. I'm okay for now, but I just keep seeing the amount of money in my account get smaller and smaller and it's sad and I'm getting scared of it running out.

i know how you feel. you get to a point where your just not motivated to do or care about anything. im right there with you right now.

I am in the same boat. realy, it sucks. it doesn't matter if you are feeling good at the start of a day if you also have the feeling of some pressure (even tiny) then its over to good and welcome to bad day.

also i've noticed that sometimes if the day started good then the rest of a day would be bad as hell, and another way around.

ThinkPositive said:
Daan, Good job on reducing the alcohol intake! I don't drink much...maybe a drink a few times a week. I talked to a new place to volunteer with, so hopefully I'll be starting that soon.

I'm mostly living off my savings right now. I'm okay for now, but I just keep seeing the amount of money in my account get smaller and smaller and it's sad and I'm getting scared of it running out.

I know the feeling of financial problems. For me it is a major reason for starting to feel depressed. Luckily, i am secure now. But last year i had to loan from my parents for three months out of necessity, and i don't have a good relationship with them. It was either that or living on the street. Allthough, i thought about a career as criminal or start on a tour of revenge for those who were co-responsible for getting me into this situation.

The social security agency now tries to put me into a program for people with a mental illness, but some psychologist said that i can't be diagnosed, because i am not suffering from anything. I especially dislike the idea official organization have about jobs. First find something you like and than sell yourself to get it. I prefer doing something for society regardless whether it is nice or not and than be protected by society at large in return.

Latest posts

Back