Good Enough?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

VanillaCreme

Is there anything in specific that makes you feel like you're not good enough? Whether it be school wise, or work wise, or relationship wise? And why do you not feel good enough because of it?

I'm an ACOA...

My father was a strick dictator.
Nothing i did nor didn't do was good enough....Even if i messed up..I didn't fresia it up right. :p

I'm not really sure why I don't feel good enough.I never have felt good enough for anybody or to even be here.Relationship wise there are a number of reasons why I don't feel good enough but mainly it's my problem I have with myself.I'm not thin enough or pretty enough and that's just how I feel every time I go out.Like somehow I'm not supposed to be there because I don't fit in with all good looking enough.

I don't think there is a single area of my life in which I feel good enough. I probably compare myself to other people too much. But even those who have turned out unsuccessful have a drive for life which I have always lacked. I feel self-conscious in virtually everything I do.

When I think of myself based on my own values I feel pretty good about myself. Based on the way I think others feel about me and what is generally thought as good / attractive / important and so on, I don't feel good enough at all. So I would say other people aswell as society with all its, in my opinion, often messed up values. **** it all! :p

On the other hand, I'd say that it's way more important how you feel about yourself, than how others feel about you. But that's just me. :)

Terminal shyness, literally, to the point of mental illness. And being fugly doesn't help.

I don't feel like I'm good looking enough. I really hate my teeth and my smile. They're not so much crooked, but they don't line up right. Someday I'll get braces.

I also feel like I'm not interesting enough to attract a potential companion, and so I'm prone to low self esteem, which then contributes to shyness, which contributes to not being interesting enough...and it's just this big stupid circular process, like a snake eating itself.

I'm also told I -look- like too much of a 'nice guy'. So, what, being clean cut and not wearing chains or huge pants makes me a nice guy? Put me in the ring with one of those little shits and lets see who gets wadded up into a mangled, bloody ball first. Lug-sole boots hurt lots more than skate shoes when they're slamming your teeth in to your oropharynx, and my properly fitting clothes aren't near as easy to grab hold of as his parachute shirt. Let's see who's 'nice' then.

But I mean, what the fresia? That's messed up and it's something I can't change. I ain't going and getting piercings or some crap. Ain't happenin'.

Brian said:
I'm also told I -look- like too much of a 'nice guy'.

I've never understood why looking like, or heck, even being a nice guy is so detrimental. Are nice guys boring? Does dependability mean NOTHING? Grrrr...!

Not that I'd ever compromise myself, though. If being a 'nice guy' means a lifetime of finishing last, so be it.

Hey i'm new everyone.
And the reason i don't feel good enough is because i find myself being really ugly en fat.
Plus i really lack social skills, so i got this feeling that i might be doomed.
I also feel completly useless because everybody can do whitout me, and i really need ssomeone but never wil have someone

Latest posts

Back