Got dumped yesterday

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear that. It always hurts in the beginning but it'll get better over time.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's one thing to lose a girlfriend/boyfriend and a whole other thing to lose a friend... I don't really know how to console you, I'm sorry

I am sorry! Take your time to heal emotionally. Mike is right, its always tough in the beginning but after sometime it would not be so overwhelming.

I'm sorry to hear about this. :(

Hang in there and try to stay positive okay?

Losing a good friend can be as devastating as losing a partner. I'm sorry. *hugs*

(Although...I really don't know why you had to mention your friend was beautiful. I don't see that as some sort of plus in a friendship. So there might be more going on here than you're telling us.)

You know what they say. Be happy that it happened. Not sad that it's over. Don't be that bitter ex either. Play it cool.

Going through the same thing too... it's really tough but what you're feeling is completely normal. I find the hardest part is the constant reminders of that person throughout the day and when you're least expecting it (song plays on the radio, drive past a familiar road etc.). Please know that you're going to be ok eventually, it will just take time and patience (that's what I tell myself anyways). Stay positive! :)

Some doors have to close in our lives so that others can open

I believe that everything happens for a reason, and often those things can seem terrible at the time, but with hindsight you start to see where they fit into place in the great jigsaw that is your life. I remember when my first real love dumped me, unceremoniously, and my heart was broken. I didn't see it coming, I didn't know what to do and it really did seem like the end of my world there and then. Several years on from that and I am married to the most amazing man I've ever met. Had I not been dumped at that particular time, by that particular person, and it had that particular impact on me, who can say that the rest of my life would have transpired the same way?

I know that probably isn't much of a balm to the situation at the moment, but hopefully it will ring true when you look back one day at this event and see where it has led you - places you might well have not thought possible before.

Latest posts

Back