Great girl drops off face of the earth

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stlameroz

Reaction score
I'm very tired, but I wanted to ask - why would a girl totally stop contact with a guy? Quick backstory, we had 2 dates, both went phenominally well (the second date we made out in my car before I dropped her off).

Then she stopped returning calls/text cold turkey. No explanation. Nothin.

What posesses a girl to do something so cowardly?

Cowardly . Smeagol is cowardly and dishonest and society protect these traits. Be subtle, white lies, saving face, impressing others. Honesty where is that and why not?
be brave emough to embrace honesty and bear stoically the jeers of others and be you. If others can't do as much that is theirs to deal with and if they chose to through it at you then they are not worth your effort. They are Gollums they all are. Gollums.

I hate it, especially when I am willing to put my back out to get myself across and let her see a side of me I wouldn't anybody else because I felt comfortable enough to trust her.

It is insulting to be just cut off from contact. In any case, this is immaturity and she clearly isn't worth your time.

Could be many reasons. She may have been irritated by something. She may have not liked you for real. Something might have happened to her. Something might have happened to someone in her family, which caused her not to be bothered with anything else. She may be busy. Or she may be scared to open up to someone, so she just decided to ignore it.

It might seem immature or cowardly to some people, but you don't know the real reason... It's easy to toss names around for a situation you don't know what really happened.

Ah, okay. Just wanted to make sure you weren't accusing her of vanishing without a trace when it had only been a couple of days. What Vanilla Creme the Magnificent said.

perhaps she got abducted by aliens. or got too close to the Bermuda Triangle.

In my experience, it's because they've found someone "better" than you and rather than let you down easy they decide cutting off all communication is the right and mature thing to do.

I am so sick of being second choice :(

I think you should read a book and immerse yourself into something other than her. Distract yourself to the point where her thought and name becomes meaningless.
I can immerse myself to the point that touching a wall or table is a jar to my senses as my mind registers not a small room but registrs clean air and mountains of unspoiled scenic views and the distant sounds of battle. A battle that I am feeling and seeing and narrating......
Surely you can merely think of something other than her for a time?

stlameroz said:
I'm very tired, but I wanted to ask - why would a girl totally stop contact with a guy? Quick backstory, we had 2 dates, both went phenominally well (the second date we made out in my car before I dropped her off).

Then she stopped returning calls/text cold turkey. No explanation. Nothin.

What posesses a girl to do something so cowardly?

You just brought me bad memories. Cause i did that to a guy. This was years ago. He was in to me, i knew it. Why did i do that? I was too afraid of a relationship, and i felt not worthy of having a guy like that. My complex was stronger than what i really wanted at that time. I disappeared from his sight. I made sure he would never see me again. This was almost 20 years ago. And now i regret it, cause i liked him.

In this situation I would just put it to the back of the mind without trying to figure out why.

It's just one of those things you don't get yourself caught up in trying to decode, because it's really not that important.

The only time you would try and figure something out is if you keep on failing with every person you meet. There could be possibly something that you are doing to turn them away.

Latest posts

Back