Greetings...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyx

Reaction score
Greetings and well met! I am a new member to this forum though I have visited from time to time.

I have had feelings of loneliness for many years now but, lately, it just seems so much worse. Mostly, I just wish to have someone to talk to; someone who understands what I am feeling and won't brush it off as something trivial (as so many others do). It is so difficult sometimes when so few seem to understand...

Hello Nyx :)
Welcome back to the forum :) I see you have a LOTR quote. I loved LOTR and Pipin's song.
This is for you. Look forward to seeing you around. PS DO you like Greek mythology?
[youtube]WskRAEggqkQ[/youtube]

Hello everyone; thank you for the kind welcome!

Thanks SophiaGrace, I think Gollum's Song describes very well how I feel sometimes, especially that first half I quoted. Thank you Naleena for the video of Pippin's Song (it made me want to watch all the movies again). I'm definitely a LOTR fan, of the books and movies too. Yes and I like Greek mythology... I suppose my signature gave that away lol.

elensilalumenomentielvo.png
:)

Hi Nyx,
This forum is full of great people who are happy to listen and give a hug when needed or just because it's fun.
I'm happy to offer myself as one, and I'm sure many others will too.

Welcome to the forums and I hope you will find good friends here :)

Dragon said:
elensilalumenomentielvo.png
:)

Hi Nyx,
This forum is full of great people who are happy to listen and give a hug when needed or just because it's fun.
I'm happy to offer myself as one, and I'm sure many others will too.

Welcome to the forums and I hope you will find good friends here :)

whoa, Dragon!
now that's just awesome. :)

Hi everyone; thank you, you're all so kind! I hope your holidays are going well.

Dragon: Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo! Tenn' enquetielva, namárië. ^_^

Alassëa tyë-omentien, Nyx :)
Áni apsenë, Lúmë anta avánië i lambë sirya lambanyallo...
Merin hanyalyen.
Manen nalyë?

(We can switch back to English if you like... Quenya is not a very wide-spread language and others might want to join the conversation :p)

Aiya, Dragon, savin hanyanyel.
Nan mara, hantalye. Manen nalyë síra? ...Quetuvan sinomë ve meldar?

'o_O Unfortunately, that's about the extent of my Quenya (with the help of a lot of references), so back to English... Are you able to speak/write a lot of Quenya? I've been meaning to look more into it but haven't had much chance yet. I especially like the writing, some of the Tengwar styles are so beautiful.

Nyx said:
Aiya, Dragon, savin hanyanyel.
Nan mara, hantalye. Manen nalyë síra? ...Quetuvan sinomë ve meldar?

'o_O Unfortunately, that's about the extent of my Quenya (with the help of a lot of references), so back to English... Are you able to speak/write a lot of Quenya? I've been meaning to look more into it but haven't had much chance yet. I especially like the writing, some of the Tengwar styles are so beautiful.

Of course we can speak as friends. I hope you'll see me as a friend :)

I spoke more fluently in the past but I haven't brushed my Quenya in quite some time... I remember how to write it quite well though. Indeed Tengwar styles are wonderful. the one I wrote to you in is one of the more gentle curved ones I really like...

I taught myself Quenya a long time ago :) it always fascinated me. and mythology too. not just Greek but Egyptian, Ashurian, Celtic and all the rest. I found it fascinating studying the reaches and magic of imagination.
What do you love in it?

Happy New Year! Alassëa Vinyarië!

Thank you. I, too, hope you will see me as a friend.

It's wonderful that you taught yourself Quenya; did it take you long to become fluent? I find writing/script styles of many languages, including Quenya, as very beautiful works of art, even old documents written in English script (seems no one writes as well anymore).

I've always been interested in mythology; mostly, I enjoy the stories that explain what the Gods/Goddesses/deities/etc. represent or why certain practices came about (such as why Echo repeats the last words spoken or how Egyptian mummification was started...). It's amazing how people explain the world around them.

Latest posts

Back