Has anyone succesfully moved away?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SocratesX said:
PM me then.

She has de-selected the private message option in her user cp. That is why there is no private message icon under her posts.

To Tiger Lily:

Click on UserCP > Under "Your Profile > Click on "Edit Options" > Click on "Receive Private Messages from other Users > Finally click on "update options"

;)

* sorry to butt in, just thought I would offer some assistance

I will be following this thread as I am in the exact same situation - friends married and moved off, no girlfriend. I am also afraid of life passing me by so I am trying this.

Tiger lily you can try this as well. Go to that city for a week or so and see the various options that you have. You can also submit resumes while you are there. Try out that city for a few weeks to see how it is working out for you. Maybe some new work that interests you, or a club of like minded people.

Who knows, you may have your answers in a week or so.

Best Wishes.

alonenow said:
I will be following this thread as I am in the exact same situation - friends married and moved off, no girlfriend. I am also afraid of life passing me by so I am trying this.

Tiger lily you can try this as well. Go to that city for a week or so and see the various options that you have. You can also submit resumes while you are there. Try out that city for a few weeks to see how it is working out for you. Maybe some new work that interests you, or a club of like minded people.

Who knows, you may have your answers in a week or so.

Best Wishes.

I could quit the job and try a new one, id just feel like a failure though, but Maybe id be a happy failure

Update : I visited my new city and stayed there for 4 days. Loved it. I am going there in a few days again. I did enjoy that city and talked to people but yes, I did miss my hometown. Over the past few days I have been thinking and I know that staying back is not really an option for me, but this city kind of pulls me. Maybe I should visit my new city one week at a time until I am ready to break away totally.

alonenow said:
Update : I visited my new city and stayed there for 4 days. Loved it. I am going there in a few days again. I did enjoy that city and talked to people but yes, I did miss my hometown. Over the past few days I have been thinking and I know that staying back is not really an option for me, but this city kind of pulls me. Maybe I should visit my new city one week at a time until I am ready to break away totally.

Yea maybe that's a good idea. For me its the thought of making friends aain from scratch. Just seems like ive wasted years at home holding onto the friends I had but they have all gradually moved away or got more invloved with their boyfriend. So I'm left with no friends and in a dull town. i could of spent that time in a new city and by now nearly settled wheres now I maybe 30 before I am settled and actually feel happy with friends etc.

Well I don't have any friends left as all are married and have kids so we don't really click anymore. I am 36 and I know that I have no option left but to leave. I am saving up so I don't have to work for 3-4 months while I settle in my new city and then look for friends.

What I liked about my new city was that as I was a complete newbie, nobody judged me. In my home I am generally regarded as a failure, doing small jobs to get by.

Anyway I am happy as I am newly recovered from an anxiety disorder, I had it since I was 18, so it feels pretty good to have recovered.

I'll be going there next week. Looking forward to friends and happiness :)

I did it about 6 months ago.....said screw it, packed up everything i owned, rented a budget truck with a car carrier, opened an atlas to the page that shows the entire USA closed my eyes dropped the head of my pencil allowing to fall to the map.... where it pointed to, was to be my destination. CHAROLLETE NC whoopie i moved all the way from new England to North Carolina. After being here 1/2 a year cant say I am any happier, any sadder or madder.......bored as hell. Not too sure what to do next.....where are you thinking you would like to move to? Reason I ask is I really believe the climate can affect how a person feels long term. I must say i do feel a bit less depressed since moving to an area that has a lot of nice warm sunny days...

Hi I really need to move away from my home town make a new start before my life passes me by. Is it normal to feel you NEED to move to another town in order to feel like your living your own life. This is certainly how I feel. I want to move to a part of the uk which appeals to me more, however, the trouble is I wont have the support of my family (not that they wont let me o but just in that I won't have them around). I don't have any idea of work and I don't want to struggle financially (at the mo I can save money).

It seems the reasons why most people move is for uni or for moving in with their partners, also getting new employment but I don't really have a career path as such a I am not ambious, i create art in my space time which makes me happy. If I had a partner to move with I wouldn't think twice as Id have some support but with me being alone I find it almost impossible to consider even though I really want that new start. Why do I find it so hard when other people do it frequently? I feel I am quite a free spirited person would love to try many things but I already feel lonley with no friends, moving away would make me feel even more cut off.

[/quote]

I did it about 6 months ago.....said screw it, packed up everything i owned, rented a budget truck with a car carrier, opened an atlas to the page that shows the entire USA closed my eyes dropped the head of my pencil allowing to fall to the map.... where it pointed to, was to be my destination. CHAROLLETE NC whoopie i moved all the way from new England to North Carolina. After being here 1/2 a year cant say I am any happier, any sadder or madder.......bored as hell. Not too sure what to do next.....where are you thinking you would like to move to? Reason I ask is I really believe the climate can affect how a person feels long term. I must say i do feel a bit less depressed since moving to an area that has a lot of nice warm sunny days...

Hi I really need to move away from my home town make a new start before my life passes me by. Is it normal to feel you NEED to move to another town in order to feel like your living your own life. This is certainly how I feel. I want to move to a part of the uk which appeals to me more, however, the trouble is I wont have the support of my family (not that they wont let me o but just in that I won't have them around). I don't have any idea of work and I don't want to struggle financially (at the mo I can save money).

It seems the reasons why most people move is for uni or for moving in with their partners, also getting new employment but I don't really have a career path as such a I am not ambious, i create art in my space time which makes me happy. If I had a partner to move with I wouldn't think twice as Id have some support but with me being alone I find it almost impossible to consider even though I really want that new start. Why do I find it so hard when other people do it frequently? I feel I am quite a free spirited person would love to try many things but I already feel lonley with no friends, moving away would make me feel even more cut off.

[/quote]

Update : I have not been able to go there until now, due to money issues. I want to have enough saved up so I don't need to work for 3-4 months at least while I settle in my new hometown.

On the positive side - I have found some decent lodgings with the help of the person who owns the bed and breakfast place where I stayed.

I go around my (old) hometown and while it is still very dear to me, I feel very bad passing the places where I grew up with my friends. It seems that everybody grew up but me. I have to leave.

I am not unhappy, only it feels kind of strange being 36 and no friends and no girlfriend. I am optimistic that I will have a girlfriend in my new hometown.

Latest posts

Back