Has this ever happened to you...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hijacc

Reaction score
You did something you knew was wrong and felt like honeysuckle but you kept doing it or maybe you got into a fight with someone and you were wrong but pretended you werent to protect your pride and everyone ended up hating you over it.

Learning to admit when I was wrong wasn't an easy life lesson for me, but I'm glad I did. A long time ago my natural instinct was just to dig in my heels and refuse to budge an inch.. but now I will admit and apologise.

I think that makes me a stronger person for it. Although, I still hate being wrong LOL.

Are you asking if you have OCPD Hijacc ? There's OCD and there's OCPD.
In other words you're asking if you're anal retentive?
Or you're asking about living in denial ?
Howard Huges had OCD. People with OCD are fully aware of thier actions, they have obsession and compulsion.

I have OCPD. While in my youth I did a lot of partying like most people did...Actaully I partied or did less
drugs than most people. It's not the amount of drugs or alcohol I intake into my system...
It's what my body dose with alcohol. Alcohol turns into acid in system. Even if I take nitequall...my body will crave alcohol
after..yet alcohol makes me very ill. I get extreemly depress..but my body will crave it.

Alcoholics or addicts all have various degree of OCPD.
It's like having fucken cancer...I didn't chose to be an alcoholic...Just like some people are allergic
to milke...Drinking it would kill me eventaully.

In my recovery program...I was taught so much more than not drinking.
Or inorder for me to stay stopped I have do certain things....in other words grow up.
But that's kind of fucken retarded to tell me that. I been told that all my life.

I needed more in depth, understanding,instructions, how and why....
In other words more quailty time that my father never gave me.
I needed to understand the mechanics fucntion of the living tools or spiritaul principles
I'm a visual learner....don't preach to me kind of person...
In other words...no more......Do as I say and not what I do.
I needed a good role model...such as my sponsor.
My sponsor will never ask me to do something that he isn't doing himself or hasn't done.
I watch what he dose more than I listen to him.

Anyway...yes pride/ego is one of many subjects I had to learned.
The ego, self-fish, selfcenter pride. Self-will run riot.

Yes...the ego is our most basic aminal instinks.
It's there to protect us. It's our servival instink. It's self persivation.
It protects us when we feel threaten. It's dosn't distinguish right or wrong...

Becuase we are not caveman today.
We live in a society of well to do ...holier than thou people..lol J/K
There's consequnce living in society. We have to fucken behave..:(
In other words..there's fucken right and wrong becuase we're not animals.
We grown up, evolved ,expaned from being animals...
We live in Obmamama nation...Anarchy is prohibited...lmao
However...our basic animal instink is alway there to protect us.

It's a learning process...Don't deny that the ego dose exist...rather learn how to taim it.

You're actaully are getting more mature by asking these questions.

The more we learnd to love ourselve and accept ourselve...We relize we are so much greater than our ego.

You can use the same principle as facing your fears...that you used to over come the fear of asking a girl out.
In that situation...your ego was still at work...your ego kept you in your comfortzone.

In this situations...your ego is bascailly doing the samething...it's keeping you in your comfortzone..
It feels comfortiable to be right...:p (protected)
Let go of your fears...and not react to them.
EGO generate fears.

examaple...
I had a hard time letting go of an unhealthy relationship I had with my ex-gf.
My ego was at work...fear...fear..fear...pride. pride..pride.
I was comfortiable living like that even thou I knew it was unhealhty for me...I knew (ocpd)
I was afriad of living with out her...My pride and ego worked against me.
I paid a heavy price and suffered a lot of consequences...I lost good friends due to my
decision to keep going back with my ex-gf over and over again. My desicsion making process
was based off of fears. Lately I've been face with having to go make amends to my friends.
I was wrong..I'm also very scared of making amends to my freinds..I fear rejections.

Even within the past few months..I had to ask Steel for help and do my thinking for me for certain situations.
I was aware of my ego/instink going astrayed. So i asked for help...I had to humble myself.
Asking for help smashed the honeysuckle out of my ego..:p

I find resisting 'temptation' quite difficult...so yeah I have done things which, at the time, I knew would lead me into trouble...

Mostly taking 'the risk' hasn't made me happy in the longer term...but, the truth is, it has broken the bordom in the shorter term...sad but true?!

However, if I've done something wrong or hurt someone I can admit that & apologise to the person invloved...I don't really suffer from that whole 'I can't be wrong' thing...mostly cos I'm often wrong!!!

I agree that by asking the question you are maturing as a person...but being able to ask the question may not change the fact that you still repeat the same pattern of behaviour many times before you change your actions...

Latest posts

Back