Have you ever been afraid of losing yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I was afraid to losing my self when he said to me that I wanna break up with you. But thank GOD he could not.

I think I am more afraid of finding myself. Given that everyone runs the opposite way when I show up, I'm afraid of what I will see. HA HA HA!

Arsenic Queen said:
Okiedokes said:
It did happen to me. I guess I became a bit obsessed with him and completely forgot about myself when we started dating. I just... it's a powerful feeling to have such strong feelings for someone but it really was out of control. I stopped doing the things I enjoyed and would sit there waiting to talk after work. Then when we moved in together I found out we didn't really even have much in common so I did nothing except my tasks and be online(talking with friends) because I didn't like the boredom. I moved away from family. I did this for some years till some crap happened and I started realizing this is my life and I am my own person..and if you can't do this for me..then I'm gone.
Wow. It seems to happen a lot. Do you think it's a question of spending too much time together and not setting enough boundaries with the other person about your freetime?

We started out online and he was there for me at a critical time so he was my hero basically. So yeah, in person it was a little different for me lol. Not that it was awful, but it took some time to adjust that is for sure. Free time is definately a must in all relationships also. :p

if loosing myself means beign afraid of losing my "freedom of choice"... no.
In all my relationships I was a giver, but I just cant drop my "dreams" for someone else.
if someone ask me for it, it would be selfish. if someone let me do it, it would be selfish.

I'm selfish too guarding this "dreams". but it's all I have.

I already lost myself, so to speak. The 'old' me left November 3rd, 2008 and the 'new' me took over. When you face your mortality, you walk away a different person. For better or for worse.

Have you ever been afraid of losing yourself in a relationship?`

~ Yes - I am giver and give way to much in a relationship because I care about other people more than I care about myself.

~ However, if someone crosses the line, it is over and never look back - no second chances unless under extraordinary circumstances.

Edit: Has anyone ever broke up with you because they wanted to pursue thier dreams and how did you feel?

~ No

~ If chasing after greener pastures is included in this scenario because they thought they could get away with it, it hurts like hell.

~ "Sticking to your guns" is extremely painful too because you want to give a person a second chance, make excuses for them, blame yourself, etc so will not be alone.

~ It is extremely painful knowing someone has someone else and you are "left holding the bag" because of another person's indiscretion.

Latest posts

Back