Have you ever been humiliated?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Factotum

Reaction score
i've suffered a few humiliations in my life. when i was 18, i was doing badly in college. my fathers friend invited me to a bar and then he loudly gave me advice with everyone in the bar hearing. many of the people at the bar congratulated my fathers friend for giving me this advice. i didnt leave my room for two days after that.

then during college, i was walking home with a couple of people who i thought were good acquaintances. they were pretty silent and i was wondering why. then they told me that they didnt want me walking with them and asked me to go ahead of them.

post any humiliating experiences that you might have had.

In high school I was fat, not real round and bouncy but overweight. I am very short-winded. And I always had exceptional difficulty making friends. Thus in PE I lurked back, stayed away from the ******** who liked to pick on me, usually wound up sweeping the gym. One day on the field I was daydreaming to myself while the rest of the class was playing football. All of a sudden a group came to get me. "Hey, come play with us!" They were all friendly and jovial. I didn't know much about football. They said, "you be the quarterback. I'll toss the ball and you run with it." I said ok. I stood there, the guy snapped the ball, and the minute I grabbed it both ******* teams piled on me. I was crushed, humiliated, and physically hurt. The whole class and the coaches as well thought it was just one big funny joke to play on the 'looser.'

...that is the story of my life, dude.

If I posted all the times I was humiliated, even if I could remember them, it would fill a book. What would be the point? Bullies love to humiliate. They look for easy targets. If we are or make ourselves one then bam, we're it. Bullies are pathetic excuses who hide behind bravado and hurt and/or humiliate anyone they can in order to make themselves feel more important. SOMEBODY always has to be less, ...less important, ...less valuable. It's "human nature," a phrase I detest.

Bullies will always have their joke and not give a honeysuckle. We will always be hurt. It's the way of the world, dude. Either we become bullies ourselves, we crawl in a hole, or we just say, "fresia them, they don't know what they're missing." I am valuable. I am me. If somebody thinks they are better than I am they're wrong and they're the fools, not me.

:sigh: .... pushed my button. sorry.

wow, that must have been terrible man. i have never suffered physical humiliation like that. the bullies and the winners make a pact to destroy the weak. thats how the world works. its terrible.

tedgresham said:
They said, "you be the quarterback. I'll toss the ball and you run with it." I said ok. I stood there, the guy snapped the ball, and the minute I grabbed it both ******* teams piled on me. I was crushed, humiliated, and physically hurt. The whole class and the coaches as well thought it was just one big funny joke to play on the 'looser.'

God, what a bunch of dicks.

I always found sports/PE seemed to attract those kinds of people though. I was unfit back when I was really young and I always thought the teaching ethos was crap - there was no encouragement to help students who weren't already into the activities lose weight and really enjoy participating.

The PE teachers would just treat me like a lost cause. There was no "If you work out like this you will get fit" or "You will be able to do this if you practice" just "Oh, don't bother, you're fat and useless."

Now that I've changed my body shape and fitness pretty radically, it astonishes me that they never tried to instill the sort of enjoyment I now get from exercise. I had to do that myself.

I find it kind of amusing that people frequently kick up a fuss about "elitism" in academic fields, yet no one ever mentions that absolutely no effort is made to engage with everyone equally in sports education.

Anyway, enough about PE in schools, back to my humilations!

Secondary school was pretty much one huge humiliation to me. I had gangs of violent bullies picking on me, legions of girls who would maliciously try to destroy my self esteem (they kind of succeeded) and jerks of all shapes and sizes that'd prod me in between.

I've mostly talked about this before, but the ones that really stand out in my mind are mostly to do with the girls. They just made me feel totally unlovable sometimes.

I had this girl hug me out of the blue, then shout "EWWW!" and start taking the mickey out of me in front of all her friends. That hurt quite a lot.

I once had this effeminate guy (turns out he's officially gay now) follow me into the school toilet block and start shrieking loudly to impress the girls outside (I remember feeling a weird kind of shock when that happened, like I just went all cold. I wanted to hit him, but it was like I was so surprised and humiliated that I couldn't).

Then I had girls calling me gay, ugly, etc. etc. To be honest, I don't even know why they did. I'm definitely not ugly, I know now if I didn't at the time. I just don't get why they'd want to make someone feel so bad for reasons that have no basis in reality.

I had several girls say stuff like "Would you go out with me?" in a sort of quizzical, not literal, manner. I always said "Maybe", because then they couldn't turn it back on me so easily, though some of them even managed to hurt me with that answer.

I overheard one of my best friends viciously ripping at me verbally with someone, so that was like an ice dagger to the heart. The dick has no clue I heard him mocking me to this day.

I had someone shoot a fire extinguisher into my face, then laugh as I fell down some stairs afterwards. I heard him boasting about it later in the reception area. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately?) people were around, because I was right behind him at the time and I would have quite happily been able to beat the living honeysuckle out of him before he could do anything had they not been watching.

Then there were whole other bunches of people I actually did hit in the end :rolleyes:

So...school. "Happiest days of your life", lol :p

When I got to Uni, I was amazed at how much more intelligent, friendly and mature everyone was. It was a total breath of fresh air.

TheSolitaryMan said:
So...school. "Happiest days of your life", lol :p

When I was in third grade I got sick and threw up in class. My teacher made me clean it up myself while the rest of the class went to lunch.

My schooling was just a decade of hell.

It is unfortunate that so many people that wind up quietly bashing our head against the walls or surfing for forums like this get set on their course in school. Kids can be so cruel. Teachers are too often oblivious or accomplices. Many times our homelife is not all that rosy, either. It took me a very long time to learn to appreciate myself. I did, though, and it can be done. Buddha said the only moment we have is the one we're in. Everything passes away and is reborn each instant. Yesterday is yesterday. Today is when we have to fix stuff.

Just passing a thought on for those who are still there...

I think most of the people here had a shitty time during highschool...

I myself was bullied slightly with my looks the first year, after that I had to transfer to another school, there I literally had not even 1 person to talk to for over a year.. then I had two "normal" years, and after that, the last 2 years I was often threatened to death, and carried a knife around everywhere I went just to even feel remotely safe.

But the good part about it is: It all ends at some point. Currently I'm doing university, and it's like a dream that's fading way too fast.

Yea... last night, haha.

Roommate had some people over. Normally I go for a stroll or head to my room even though I'm invited. He always tells me "I understand" whenever we talk about why I am who I am, but this time convinced me to partake in the festivities. I agreed to a short amount. As soon as the evening opened up I was already disliked.

He doesn't say anything, he doesn't talk, he doesn't care.

Instead of my friend backing me up he just shrugs and says he doesn't know whats up with me.

I ended up being the blunt of most of their jokes. Decided to bow out lest a sleeping beast awaken.

I would like to say I'm sorry and give a big hug to each and every one of you! :)
I know how it feels to be humiliated, and it's not fun.

The most traumatizing for me was probably this example:

When I was in school, there was this girl I liked named Mandy.
I had never met, or spoken to her before, nor did she know anything about me.

Anyways.... One day I get up the courage to give her a letter simply expressing my feelings, nothing fancy or perverted about it. I walk up to her, tap her on the shoulder, hand her the note and walk off to my group.

She soon walked up to my group curious as to who the mystery guy could be.
She asked who it was from and it was from this point on, that I rarely ever spoke about girls ever again. (At least I think it was, outside of one other girl)

When I told her it was me, Mandy and her friends busted out laughing. They then went on to tell more girls who took one look at me and also started laughing. It was a horrible day!

It gets worse though. The girl's Aunt happened to be subbing that day. As she was walking to where we were having recess, one of the girls runs over to her and explains that I like her. The Aunt turns to me disgusted and utters, "Oh God!"

I mean I've had other humiliations like my grandmother having a sit down with me only to tell me she's okay with me if I'm gay. I have nothing against gay people, but.... I'm not gay!

So my heart goes out to every single one of you!
Stay strong, and hopefully good fortune shines upon everyone of you! :)

Most of the humiliating events I remember are from school. In first grade, I was walking with a group of kids after morning recess and a few of them began banging on classroom windows as we walked by. My friend and I didn't participate but we remained with the group and watched them have their fun. A teacher caught up with us and while the main culprits got away, I and a couple other kids were issued "violation tickets" to be signed by our parents. On top of that, we would lose an entire week of morning recess and sit outside that teacher's classroom on the ground, repeatedly writing our given apologies down on paper. A couple of the kids were dismissed because they somehow convinced the teacher they weren't involved. I however was never able to speak up for myself as a kid. This was humiliating because I had to give up my free time to be punished in front of everyone for something I never did. Hah, I even felt like a criminal.

Another humiliating instance I remember was in middle school during a period of PE. We were doing an activity that required choosing groups and as in all situations like this I ended up being assigned to a group in the end. The guys in my group were part of a neo-Nazi gang and during the activities one of the guys would attempt to trip or shove me into a fence. The instructors weren't watching the field and I just tried to shrug it off. Before the end of the period, the same guy walked past me when we had to return to our groups and socked me really hard in the gut, his friends were around and laughed with him. People who saw that I got hit stared at me for a while then simply ignored it and went back to the games. That really sucked.

I was constantly bullied during my school years, so more often than not, yes.

Several years ago, the local mall was hosting a promotional contest for Easter or something in which a person must roll an egg down a ramp, and if it goes in the hole at the bottom, you spin the wheel and whatever it lands on you win as a prize.

I let the egg go and it landed in the hole! I got a few claps from the other shoppers. Acting like I'm all that and a bag of chips, the big winner, I spin the wheel and it stops on a Goddamn "Beach Blast Barbie" doll for Christ's sake.

To say I was humiliated, was an understatement of the greatest magnitude.

There was a teacher who humiliated me in front of my classmates whenever I answered a question. It never prevented me from rising my hand again.

I faced quite a few incidents when I was younger, I remember, in no small part due to my race. And of course, college felt humiliating because it never felt like I was ever wanted per se; but I suppose somehow, it didn't quite register to me at some point as I had discovered the 'method' of being worth keeping around - serving a role that others were too lazy or somehow incapable of.

In no small part because I was an excellent student and rather outspoken about it(I answered every question in class), that alone seemed to make some people realize that I was useful to keep around and not piss off since I might not help them. It didn't make me feel too much better.

But I think I really did turn over a new leaf at some point, maybe around 17? I had a few genuinely hostile people there - I was teaching in a bad area and had some students were who gangsters in my class and one who openely threatened me; I immediately grabbed his throat and had a knife on him. That shut him up - he did report me, but apparently was too afraid to even mention the knife, so I was suspended only on 'threatening behavior.' I never really had that problem afterward.

I've explained it to my girlfriend that I think that many victims give off a certain 'wounded bird' vibe which can be picked up and draws those who'll harm them. There's something about inner resolve that resonates and does keep away many who'll do you harm.

I wasn't physically bullied, but yea, the first year of highschool was the worst. Good thing all the people who got off on insulting others ended up dropping out of school really fast, the last 2-3 years were peaceful. I almost feel like there should be no age limit to dropping out of high school, it'd solve part of the problem (while causing others, like bullied people dropping out too... I guess there's no easy solution).

I was always picked last in PE too, atleast until I lost all my extra weight or something. Thankfully no one really made jokes about it, so it didn't matter too much. I got my sweet "revenge" when we played badminton for a month in that class. Best month of PE ever.

Latest posts

Back