Have you ever dated someone you didn't like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgilia

Reaction score
I know, it's weird.
But I've never dated anyone so I'm starting to think it would be a good idea. It's quite rare for me to like somebody, I don't know why...
Everybody has dates, so I was wondering: Do most girls date guys they don't like? If they don't, how is it possible that they always find a guy? Is it that I am too picky? XD

Perhaps you have never met anyone yet that you could gel with. I wouldn't and never have dated anyone I didn't like, But there is never absolute perfection.

The net is a good place to meet people who are more compatible, but obviously needs caution.

hmm.. like serious dating? No. Then again I haven't dated around much.. twice. lol. I liked both and even "waited" till i felt ready with the first person.

Sometimes you convince a girl to enter a FWB situation with you, and you get comfortable with it, and BAM.

Before you know it, she's your girlfriend.

And you don't even want one.

Holy honeysuckle somebody halp me.

I've never gone out with anyone I disliked; but I have taken out several girls that I wasn't initially attracted to in the hopes that getting to know them better might change my feelings for them (ultimately, that never worked out - but you never know if it will).

Yep, was just a kid then so it was all innocent but she was my brothers girlfriends friend. She wasn't a very pleasant girl, kind of snotty and stuck up. Not my type at all.

I don't think so. I can't think of a single positive except maybe a free dinner if they wanted to pay; even the sex would be pretty bad.

If you're meeting a variety of people but don't like anyone, it seems more likely to be a selection or connection problem.

Tealeaf said:
even the sex would be pretty bad.

I disagree.

You don't have to like someone to have fun ******* them.

Chemistry, especially physical chemistry, is entirely separate from love/relationship interest.

Badjedidude said:
Tealeaf said:

I disagree.

Chemistry, especially physical chemistry, is entirely separate from love/relationship interest.

What do you say then ' hey you don't float my boat - but how about it ?':D

monkeysocks said:
Badjedidude said:
Tealeaf said:

I disagree.

I'm not looking for anything serious, but I'm up for some fun OR I just wanna fresia, ok? The later usually works better for women lol.

Sterling said:
monkeysocks said:
Badjedidude said:
Tealeaf said:

I disagree.

I'm not looking for anything serious, but I'm up for some fun OR I just wanna fresia, ok? The later usually works better for women lol.

Sterling - point 1 & 2 , I agree with as possible to happen, no 3 is male bravado and any one who would say yes to no 3 has probably said yes to every guy on the planet :D

The thread question was about 'dating' someone you don't like.

Sterling said:
monkeysocks said:
Badjedidude said:
Tealeaf said:

I disagree.

I just wanna fresia ok? My place now.

Now seriously, I've dated a girl who I wasn't attracted to. I gave her a chance with me and I grew (real) feelings for her. I can't say I love her with all my heart but I do care for her a lot.

..Maybe it's for the better to not date somebody you love. The modern mumbo-jumbo for what I call love is "codependent relationships" and "obsession" and etc. I don't think many people want that.

Badjedidude said:
Tealeaf said:
even the sex would be pretty bad.

I disagree.

Speak for yourself.

I didn't like either of my 2 girlfriends.

I went out with them because they were interested in me. (Both turned out to be cheating with someone else)

I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and look for their 'good points' - two very rude people. Not nice at all !

I do like most people as well !

EveWasFramed said:
Not on purpose. :D

LOL

Someone can grow on you. Its hard to not sometimes mistake nerves as dis-interest or even arrogance. I have been in that situation.

monkeysocks said:
What do you say then ' hey you don't float my boat - but how about it ?'

Well, I'm obviously not THAT blunt about it. :p But I always tell the girl exactly what to expect from me in terms of relationship status before I get physically involved with her.

Tealeaf said:
Speak for yourself.

Perhaps once you've had more experience, you'll see that sex really isn't as important as you think. It's just a physical connection that you can share with someone based on chemistry.

Let's not try to over-romanticize a simple biological urge to reproduce by calling it "love," or insisting that there's some "deeper" connection with physical intimacy.

If you feel some sort of deep connection with it, it's simply because that's what you've convinced yourself to expect and percieve.

And if you set your requirements by that standard... well, then quite frankly, you're going to miss out on a lot of women while sitting around and waiting for one that "feels right."

Badjedidude said:
monkeysocks said:
What do you say then ' hey you don't float my boat - but how about it ?'

Well, I'm obviously not THAT blunt about it. :p But I always tell the girl exactly what to expect from me in terms of relationship status before I get physically involved with her.

Tealeaf said:
Speak for yourself.

Perhaps once you've had more experience, you'll see that sex really isn't as important as you think. It's just a physical connection that you can share with someone based on chemistry.

Let's not try to over-romanticize a simple biological urge to reproduce by calling it "love," or insisting that there's some "deeper" connection with physical intimacy.

If you feel some sort of deep connection with it, it's simply because that's what you've convinced yourself to expect and percieve.

And if you set your requirements by that standard... well, then quite frankly, you're going to miss out on a lot of women while sitting around and waiting for one that "feels right."

You have my total respect for your honesty and conduct in such a scenario.

I really can't stand the type of men/women who are deceitful about their true intentions and known friends who have entered what they thought were relationships - to find out months later the person is married.

I also agree with what you have said , It took years to shift the 'fairy tale romance' philosophy's of sex vs relationships.

It is just a programming, but up to each of us how we want to perceive or commit to others in relationships.

Latest posts

Back