Have you ever done audio chat?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vng2015

Reaction score
Forgive me my computer illiteracy. Can anyone tell me about their experience with audio chat?

I do skype calls often. I like them. Of course, I can only bring up the desire to do them with select people as they begin to feel overwhelming for me.

Skype voice calls work well about 80% of the time for me.

The other 20% is where the issues happen, like the one where only one person can be heard - you have to hang up then call again for it to work.

Skype for Dummies is on its way to me.

Can you find new acquaintances on Skype?

Can you find new acquaintances on Skype?

Skype is free, unless you want to call actual phones or you want some of the extra perks. Like subscribing so there's no limit to how many people you can have in a group video chat and stuff.

There are better programs over Skype. Microsoft messed it up royally. Razer Comms. TeamSpeak. Discord. Plenty others. Although, someone's more likely to have Skype over much anything else.

I've used skype, teamspeak, steam, etc. for audio chats. If you're gaming then teamspeak is probably your best bet. It's a little tricky to setup but you can bind the mic button to a key or leave it set to "always on" or to turn on when your voice is detected and it's pretty stable and allows for large groups to talk at once.

Skype is pretty good too. It's not perfect but it can do group chats with small groups. You can also screen share too if you want to show someone what you're doing on screen (won't work on some steam games though). It's pretty user friendly and easy to setup. Btw, if you have a webcam, make sure it's set how you want (on/off) before initiating a call. I think on laptops it defaults to on.

I agree with the previous posters. I have done audio/video on Skype and audio on Teamspeak, both worked well for me.

Oh hell no, never used any of those. Some people I played DCUO with wanted to use Teamspeak and I even downloaded it but never ended up using it. Thankfully my mic was crap when I tested it, didn't really want to talk live anyway. I much rather use the in-game chat. We don't use it anymore and the majority of whom I play with are not interested in using it.

I used teamspeak when I joined a corp in EVE, said hello to some of the other people playing.... and that was it. Didn't know what to say after, and quit the corp a few days later, hating myself for doing it.

I've got skype, but never use it - don't have any contacts.

It's a struggle for me now to even use text chat such as IRC, I just don't know what to say and feel like I'm intruding all the time.

This day and age can't do without it if you wan to reach internationally. Use it in gaming sessions and with friends.

Latest posts

Back