Have you ever encountered....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Callie

Have you ever encountered someone that presented a fakeness to the world and you knew they were fake from the start? Portraying to the world that their life is perfect and they are happy and are in a position to lecture you about what you SHOULD do. Giving advice that they believe is top notch and exactly what should be said. It's funny how the second someone goes against what they say....the second someone dares to think they know better than them, that facade crumbles and they become....hmm, what's the word I'm looking for....oh yes, a spiteful *****. Hiding behind walls and taking cheap shots in ways that they know there can be no retaliation against them. Trying to make their point that they are all-knowing and perfect while sitting up on their pedestool looking down on the masses of what they deem in their eyes as insignificant.
In my eyes, those people are cowards. While they think that they know full well that they are better than others, they are, more often than not, wrong. Their ways are not perfect, they are flawed just like the rest of population. No one is perfect, no one can have all the answers. The truth of the matter is that while one way might work for one person, that doesn't necessarily mean it will work for someone else. There are certain ways that could actually DAMAGE a person more by doing what they think it the "right" way. There is no "right" way. There is what works for the individual person. While we all may live on the same planet, we are also all INDIVIDUALS. We all have our problems, we all have our solutions.
I don't hide who I am, I don't hide my faults or my issues. Hell, I take on more blame for honeysuckle than I should. But while I know the ways I SHOULD be doing things, it's not always that easy. I am not perfect and I don't claim to be, but when I give advice, I try to be not condescending. No, I may not always tell you what you want to hear, but I will do so in a way that doesn't make me out to be a spiteful *****. Unless, of course you call me out, then all bets are off. Respect is earned, as is trust. Give to me, and I will give back. Whether you want a friend or an enemy, so be it, no skin off my nose, it's your choice.

I give advice that I don't follow. It's because there are things that I know I am beyond redemption on. I still hold out hope for others.

Think of Dr. House.

hughlaurie_pills_house_290.jpg

Amen sista. Those phony people can't see clearly through their own garbage to see it's not the same solution for everyone. We're all different. We have different problems and different issues. And a candy coated factory line of solutions isn't always the answer.

I'm so fake that sometimes even I fall for my own bullshit... I never leave the house without a mask and a costume, I feel like I'm rarely every "Me", I'm a character I made up and wished I was.

Kenny said:
I give advice that I don't follow. It's because there are things that I know I am beyond redemption on. I still hold out hope for others.
I agree with this...

I feel like everyone's opinion has SOME sort of validity in some situation, because life is far too situational. You can't say that one thing works every time, so try everything or anything to solve problems. How do you know what works until you try?

But then there are the people that can't motivate themselves enough to give something a full on try, and so they fail anyway; mostly because they decided they were going to fail in the first place. Those people can not be helped by others in most cases, because they WONT be. They can only help themselves if they'd only get a clue. :/

Have you ever encountered someone that presented a fakeness to the world and you knew they were fake from the start? Portraying to the world that their life is perfect and they are happy and are in a position to lecture you about what you SHOULD do. Giving advice that they believe is top notch and exactly what should be said. It's funny how the second someone goes against what they say....the second someone dares to think they know better than them, that facade crumbles and they become....hmm, what's the word I'm looking for....oh yes, a spiteful *****.

[/i]Sounds like to me, you are describing a lot of shrinks out there. Two of the most dysfunctional people I ever met were going to college to become therapists. I often wonder if the people they counseled knew their behavioral habits and string of broken relationships. I guess to each their own. No matter how lonely I sometimes feel, I refuse to pay someone to listen to me talk. Your description just made me jump to this profession.

SkuzzieMuff said:
I feel like everyone's opinion has SOME sort of validity in some situation, because life is far too situational. You can't say that one thing works every time, so try everything or anything to solve problems. How do you know what works until you try?

But then there are the people that can't motivate themselves enough to give something a full on try, and so they fail anyway; mostly because they decided they were going to fail in the first place. Those people can not be helped by others in most cases, because they WONT be. They can only help themselves if they'd only get a clue. :/

I totally agree.

WHO DARES WINS

I've said it a thousand times on here... the motto of the British SAS. If you dare to even TRY, then even if your try fails, you learn something... and you're better off because you tried. If you never even try... then what good are you?

At least have the balls to give it a shot and attempt to find a way to make your life better.

You can learn from failure, but you can't learn anything at all if you just sit on your ass and rot.

Latest posts

Back