Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

• Yes, I believe!

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No, that's a bunch of crap.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • No, but I believe in LUST at first sight! :p

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters
Yes, I have. Multiple times. Especially at school.

And yes, I've also fallen in love with people online. I even had crushes on female site administrators. Maybe it's because I have a small 'thing' for older, mature girls (like, in their 20's). I just find them a lot more interesting than other girls.

My bitterness and extreme cynicism prevents me from believing in such things. Life has made me this way.

Since i don't base love on physical appearance, which is all you get at first sight, i would have to say no. It has happened that someone who's appearance was striking to me did turn out to have the more important element which developed into something, but i wouldn't call it love at first sight.

I know some people think love at first sight doesn't exist, that it doesn't make sense. But I think that it exists. No it doesn't make much sense, but there are a lot of things, miracles in life that don't make sense.

I never fell in love online, although I did develop a crush online.

I have fallen in love at first sight. She was climbing the stairs, skipping steps. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen^_^ I know people think its lust or based on the person's looks. For me it was a strange undescribable feeling. Its like a sign from the universe. Like its trying to guide you into the life of your true love.

I have never fallen in love at first sight, nor do I believe in love at first sight. I believe in attraction, fascination, obsession, and lust at first sight. I think that true love involves a mutual connection, often on both concious and subconcious levels. Love is tricky, and I am in no way an expert. However, I feel that love encompasses more than the concept of love at first sight. To truly love someone, one must learn all the facets of their partner's personality and heart. How can you love someone without knowing who they are ? I have dated attractive women only to loathe their personality, and vice versa. I think the key to love is mutual physical attraction combined with connection and emotional unity. Emotional unity can not be achieved in such a short time frame.

I don't believe in love at first sight, because I think love is something you gain through time and can't be gain just like that like usual passion. Passion, yeah it happened to me few times.

i've noticed a lot of us are falling...perhaps this is a sign of making sure no shint or pointy objects are on the floor. with health and safety checked i can now state that i sometimes fall in love on sight of a new person, but sometimes it could just me falling in the must shag your ASAP from sight.

boy i hope people get that joke else i'm going to get beaten up by oceanmist @_@

I met a girl and she annoyed me all day long. But later that night I found I couldn't get her out of my head. I loved her from afar for the next seven years. A part of me still loves her, I think.

well seeing as most of my relationships have been online, i guess my answer would be yes. I do believe in love at first sight. though i do want to add that i usually speak to the person constantly so I learn their psyche pretty well.

as for looking across a room and falling in love...that's an interesting concept. Sometimes I'll look at a person who is walking by and I'll wonder if they are The One. It's weird, i know xD

Van Hooligan said:
i've noticed a lot of us are falling...perhaps this is a sign of making sure no shint or pointy objects are on the floor. with health and safety checked i can now state that i sometimes fall in love on sight of a new person, but sometimes it could just me falling in the must shag your ASAP from sight.

boy i hope people get that joke else i'm going to get beaten up by oceanmist @_@

lul'd a bit.

Van Hooligan said:

Do I have to start reading every post you make or something?? lol :p

vbvb <--- oh yeah ;) the good stuff... giggety :p

Oceanmist23 said:
Van Hooligan said:

Do I have to start reading every post you make or something?? lol :p

vbvb <--- oh yeah ;) the good stuff... giggety :p

oh fine, i'll shout out estreen or eve from now on then :p
no more vbvb's for u!!! :p

Arnaert said:
I know some people think love at first sight doesn't exist, that it doesn't make sense. But I think that it exists. No it doesn't make much sense, but there are a lot of things, miracles in life that don't make sense.

I never fell in love online, although I did develop a crush online.

I have fallen in love at first sight. She was climbing the stairs, skipping steps. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen^_^ I know people think its lust or based on the person's looks. For me it was a strange undescribable feeling. Its like a sign from the universe. Like its trying to guide you into the life of your true love.

Haha. That just changed my conviction that there is no such thing as love at first sight.
I have always believed that love at first sight is just a misinterpretation of lust or fascination.
But it seems I have forgotten that "undescribable" feeling.
Thank you. =]

Love at first sight?

What a wonderful, flawless idea.

There have been women who upon first sight have stirred the butterflies but I've always been conscious when this happens that I'm buying into an ideal they represent rather than the person themselves, which abruptly takes the gloss away from the feeling.

Latest posts

Back