Have You Ever Suffered A "Nervous Breakdown"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully, I have not. :) Have had some serious blues and anger problems, but aside from one incident where I blew off my top during my darkest hour at a random stranger, I haven't really crossed any lines.

Yes only once. It happened after witnessing people jumping out of windows and the tower going down on 9/11. I was uncontrollable all I did was shake, cry, couldn't sleep and stared out of my window at the smoke where the towers were. My doctor gave me a script and I went to a therapist that specialized in post tramatic stress syndrome. For years I would get up in the morning and the first thing I would do was check to see if the Empire State Building was still there.

swanlake said:
Yes only once. It happened after witnessing people jumping out of windows and the tower going down on 9/11. I was uncontrollable all I did was shake, cry, couldn't sleep and stared out of my window at the smoke where the towers were. My doctor gave me a script and I went to a therapist that specialized in post tramatic stress syndrome. For years I would get up in the morning and the first thing I would do was check to see if the Empire State Building was still there.

That must have been very traumatic, so sorry you had to witness that :(

Yes, tried to drink myself to death. Was arrested and put on a 5150. Never, ever again. Had to prove I wouldn't kill myself to a panel of f***ing ***holes with clipboards to be freed from a caged prison inside a mental hospital. DO NOT try to kill yourself, ever.

Latest posts

Back