Have you recieved treatment for depression? Has it helped?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was wondering about this too for a while, I think I might need more depression treatment than socialphobia treatment.

Yeah, I received treatment for depression and bipolar disorder when I was 19 (currently 24), but I decided to stop, since I had to take my father with me once and it was chaotic.

I'm still taking the meds (fluoxetin) and yeah, they've been helpful.

I first received treatment for depression when I was about 14. I went to a psychiatrist and was put on an antidepressant. I just wanted someone to talk to

mmm, a very long time ago I tried different SSRIs, I was completely sick and gained five kilos in two weeks, that didn't make me less depressed as you can imagine and threw them out of the window. Also, the SSRIs were pretty out of place, because I am not really depressed as soon as my social needs are a bit more fulfilled, no mood swings or anything. Some social skills coaching would be much more effective, and not overdoing with work and activities, aways take time to chill.

The difficulty is in actually getting help/support in the first place....medication is always the first port of call but does little to resolve a persons problems...I heard recently that mental health resources were(in one area)only being made available to young people if they had made at least one serious attempt on their lives and that is nothing short of chilling...The Government(what Government) is promising that mental health will receive the same priority as physical health....😷.....who actually believes anything this Government says? Be vocal...insist on help

medication doesn't work for me.
positive experiences + relations which are mutual = repairing of self-esteem and confidence.
Unfortunately, no one can write a prescription for that.

I had a bit of help (meds and psychologist) but unfortunately here in Spain mental health is still very "middle-ages" and even though the meds helped me get out of a rut I felt that everything else made me worse so I stopped going. I still have bad days and I´m always scared I will get bad again, but most of the fight is to stay positive and I would recommend to anyone to try getting help and treatment to see if it´s right for you. Everyone reacts differently.

Latest posts

Back