Having dreams with my ex in them

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakin_Amazin

Reaction score
I feel so frustrated about this. WHY, WHY, WHY?!?!? I don't get it. I think I must be going nuts. I want it to stop. It's getting to me.

Sometimes I dream about my ex. It is very strange. I always have an emotional reaction and end up waking up freaked out. The last dream was yesterday. For the first time, she wasn't friendly; on all the other dreams she had been strangely friendly to me. I don't remember anything else about the dream, except it didn't make much sense. Most of my dreams are wierd. It's like I'm doing drugs or something.

Anyone else have this experience? What the hell could this mean? I can't believe my own brain is going to torture me like this...

Yes I had dreams of my ex after splitting up with him. I remember asking him if he still had dreams of me this was about 11 months after we parted. The crazy thing was is that the came out of the blue and I couldn't stop them, drove me a little nuts at the time but now they're gone.

I have dreams about my ex a bunch. They come and go, I have no idea what they mean, maybe one day I'll figure it out. The thing is the ex in question was an abusive, druggie, arse. Yet in my dream, he's sweet and mature and understanding, and I want him. Even in the dreams I tell him we can't be together because of how he treated me. But I wake up so angry with myself and confused about why I should dream about someone I never want to see again, as if he were a lover and best friend.

Honestly all the guys I cared a bunch about from my past walk through my dreams way too often. I need that key back :p

i used to have dreams about an ex of mine all the time. i didnt mind though. i think the more you try to push something away, the more it comes back.

I understand your frustration with dreams about your ex; I have them from time to time. After the initial break up, I had them every night. She meant a lot to me for she was my first true love. It was a volatile relationship that had lasted for 4 years. I felt betrayed and broken. Needless to say, I relived the hell in my dreams. My dreams often were flashbacks to past arguments. Other dreams illustrated my need to confront her and to understand why she hated me so much. The dreams were extremely depressing, and I often woke up with a couple of tears running down my cheek. As time progressed, the dreams have surpassed. Very rarely do I have dreams regarding my ex. For some reason, I am starting to miss her a little again. Anyways, the key to healing is time. Surround yourself with feel good experiences prior to sleep. If applicable to you, pray or meditate before you go to bed. You can also try yoga or some other relaxing activity. Remember, dreams reflect our subconscious efforts.

Latest posts

Back