Hello Everyone! New Member Here! :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Lee

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Bob,
Feel free to read my profile to get a better idea of what I am about, I am going to try my best not to repeat any of that in this particular post.

I stumbled across this website, and I figure this would be the perfect online community to join and share my thoughts, give feedback with people that are similar to the experiences I myself am undergoing as well.

Like many of you, I am a Loner! or Living a lonely life!
As my profile mentions I am a Loner by choice! I chose this life style due to
being so introverted, and I can not tolerate relationships that lack loyalty.

I suppose most of the time, it doesn't get to me that I am alone most of the time. Make no mistake when the harsh reality of my isolation catches up to me it is very painful to deal and it hurts emotionally deep down inside. Mentally not so much, because I know exactly why I am alone, so the emotional anguish fortunately subsides within a short period of time.

We as human beings are meant to have companionship, we are meant to experience life in a sense of unity, although I think life is truly in the end experienced alone, but you can have that sense of belonging that sense of loyalty and genuine true care for one another.

Deep to my core, It is my desire to love everyone and help anyone that I can if I am able. I understand not everyone will always like everyone, its is impossible to do this, but you can certainly love them and genuinely wish for there best in everything!

I rather live a life of seclusion than be around people that are fake, don't love me or really care about me. Whatsoever true friends you have in life should be a high priority for you and cherished well.

As I mentioned in my profile I have a few acquaintances and a couple of confidants I can somewhat count on, but there not my friends not by a long shot I'm afraid.

In conclusion, I look forward to hearing from you all.
I will be commenting, providing feedback and being someone of a loving and caring spirit.

Namaste!

My word, you remind me so much of myself.
I do not, however, think I am alone & lonely by choice but I do appreciate alone time. As I grow older, i'd appreciate and long for a good time out with friends, I just think i'm at that age where apparently I should be 'living life to the fullest' and while i'm still young.

I truly hope you enjoy yourself here, Bob. Welcome :)

mslonely said:
My word, you remind me so much of myself.
I do not, however, think I am alone & lonely by choice but I do appreciate alone time. As I grow older, i'd appreciate and long for a good time out with friends, I just think i'm at that age where apparently I should be 'living life to the fullest' and while i'm still young.

I truly hope you enjoy yourself here, Bob. Welcome :)

Thank you Mslonely for the kind words and the welcome. :)

I don't know... to a certain small respect I think we are all alone by choice,
for if we weren't we would permit fake and flakes into our lives people that would run all over us. Most of here, want the real thing... real... true... and loyal friends. So yes I think to a certain respect we choose seclusion versus choosing negative and/or harmful people in our lives. Then comes the age old question... Maybe your standards are to high maybe you need to change them... this is what I was told quite a number of times and then I asked myself this question, they are not changing for the benefit of me accepting there presence so why should I? - I assure you, I am not some psycho that expects everyone to shower me with praise and attention every 5 minutes but if you claim you are for me, as I am for you that needs to be for real.

I will say this... feeling lonely is definitely not by choice at least for almost all of us, not all of us are powerful enough mentally to always be in control of our emotions and how we feel. (While I believe this can one day be achievable, obtaining self-mastery... being able to get through life in complete bliss and nothing gets to you.... this takes often times almost a full life time to achieve. - I am no where near this yet... but I make progress daily. ^^) Like the weather outside how we feel comes and goes. Some days we feel like its sunny and clear (we feel great this day!) other days are just cloudy and clear (we feel content but not necessarily with joy) then of course the days when its foggy and rainy outside (then we may be sad and full of melancholy). Fortunately all these feelings come and go and don't stay forever. We can find solace in knowing the bad feelings we may experiencing right now will soon subside, we just gotta be patient and give it time!

constant stranger said:
Hello Bob Lee, I'm going to be interested to be hearing from you on this forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I will try my best to not disappoint. :)

EVERYONE ELSE said:
Hello Bob Lee, Welcome to the forums.

Thanks you all for the warm welcomes! :)

Welcome Bob :) I'm fairly new here also. I like it a lot so far.
Looking forward to reading your posts. Join us in the chat room sometime if you like.

Hey, there Bob Lee. As you saw I am new as well. I feel similar to you. I prefer to be alone to be around people I don't genuinely and even more I need to be comfortable around people I am close too and they are very few people I can actually feel comfortable around.

Bright Blessings to you Bob Lee. Welcome to ALL a place where friends are made.. ^.^

Hi Bob, I am a Robert too and am also referred to by the awful, stereotyped, palindrome for Robert, no offense to you personally, but with my last name being so common it does help me to be that faceless person in the crowd. Are all Bobs introverted? I am so introverted that I spell my name bob as to further demonstrate the diminutive of myself even though I am 6'3" and 300#. Yes it is tough for me to hide in the crowd.

Take care

Latest posts

Back