Hello everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward W

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Edward, I'm married with a wonderful daughter, and yet somehow I'm still lonely. I'm not sure I can describe how I feel, but then again maybe others here understand that sometimes even being with other people you can still feel lonely?

I have also recently had an epiphany and learned alot more about myself, (thats a seperate story for another time!), I only wish I had understood myself this way years ago!

I'm not sure what else to say, what I want. I'm really looking to find a few people I can open up to, talk to. Discuss our lives, relationships, our innermost thoughts etc.

I tried to come up with something that explains what I'm feeling inside, I don't know if any of this resonates with anyone else, but this is what I came up with.

Do you have a song in your heart? Do you feel sometimes no one gets the real you? Would you like someone to talk to, someone you could share your most intimate thoughts without fear of judgement or ridicule? Talk about your relationships with someone? Do you listen to songs and feel like singing along, just to notice someone watching you and it makes you feel self-conscious? Is there something inside you that just wish you could share? Are you with people, yet still somehow apart?

Thats me.

Thank you (sorry if this is a long, rambling post)

Hi, Edward, and welcome to the board! I'm new here, too.

Hello Bacon, I love the name, saw your post but didn't want to add to it yet as another newbie!

Big Bang Theory is very funny show, currently my wife and I are watching 'Community' which started a bit slow but is really getting interesting with what they are doing.

I mostly read fiction, I also do a bit of writing and have written some short sci-fi stories that I put into an anthology and then self published (into obsurity!)

Stay positive Bacon!

Thank you 9006, and to answer your sig, yes I am, but I sometimes reject it!

Hi Edward, welcome to the forum. I do feel alone even when I'm with my friends. I don't know what it is, could be connection or chemistry lacking but we still hang out because we get along nicely. *shrugs* I just give up trying to understand why and leave it as that's just how life is. If I get along well with someone, I get along well. If not, oh well.

Hello Edward W, welcome in this forum. I am also new member in this forum.
Nice to meet you.

Edward, that must have been exciting to self-publish! The part about self-publishing into obscurity would be a bit of a downer but you seem to have a sense of humor about it!

I like to watch a bit of sci-fi but I've never read any sci-fi novels. I've been watching “Star Trek – Next Generation” reruns for years. lol I also like the Star Trek movies. Other sci-fi movies I have liked include Contact, Independence Day, and the X-men franchise.

I only ever watched part of one episode of 'Community' and switched to something else. Perhaps I should have stuck with it!

Sorry - only got a quick minute but wanted to thank everyone for the welcome!

I'll find some more time shortly to post more here and around.

Bacon - I like to think I have a sense of humour, (I amuse myself anyway!), the self publishing is fun, in fact my writing is what has indirectly led me here, my latest project became more than just a story, I connected with it and the characters - it awoke something inside me.

I'm a swirl of emotions, more confident in some ways, and yet more lonely and confused in others. Life, what a journey!

Latest posts

Back