Hello Everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pike Queen

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Pike Queen. Nice to meet you.

So a little bit about myself: I am a college student currently working on my prerequisites. I'm not sure what I would like to major in yet; I'm thinking perhaps marine biology, meteorology, or astronomy. However, college and life as I knew it went on hold for me last year. On October 31st 2012, I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. I thought my life was over, but at the same time was relieved to know that I was not going insane, as I had been having all kinds of symptoms! Anyway, after only two rounds of chemotherapy, the Leukemia was gone. It seemed that getting rid of the disease was the "easy" part. In January 2013, I developed a blood clot on my spine from one of the medications and had to have a surgery to remove it. I suffered some nerve damage and had to re-learn how to walk. Having been a dancer, this was difficult to accept. As of today, my Leukemia is still gone and my walking is almost back to normal. I believe that I will be able to dance again someday, as well as participate in other physical activities.

So that's my big story. :) Other things to know about me are that I like to play video games (I play Mario Kart Wii online!), I like to draw, and horror movies/novels are my favorite. I also like to watch anime and read manga.

So that's my introduction! Since I cannot go to school physically right now, I often find myself thinking about how lonely I am. I'm glad I found this forum. See you around!

-Pike Queen

Oooh! if you come to the chat you can join us with our mario kart online play team thingie. :3

Pike Queen said:
HGwells said:
Oooh! if you come to the chat you can join us with our mario kart online play team thingie. :3

Are you playing right now? Do you have scheduled play dates? :D

We were going to play todaaaay but I got tired so we're probably going to play tomorrow. ö But just come by to say hi :3

HGwells said:
We were going to play todaaaay but I got tired so we're probably going to play tomorrow. ö But just come by to say hi :3

What time do you guys usually play? Don't worry! I'll drop by the chat and say hi tomorrow. ;) I will have more free time. Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about the ordeal you have been through. I hope you find something worthwhile on the site.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you're looking for here to help with the loneliness. :)

Hey Pike Queen, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about what you've been through.. never easy when you're battling health issues. You're very strong though I think. That's inspiring. :)
Stay strong and hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Greetings & obfuscations, Pike Queen. How did you come up with that name? When you were a dancer were you great at assuming pike position or...?

You are strong indeed to have gotten through the disease & surgery. Having health problems when one is in the (supposed) prime of life can be hell...I can relate.

Am not a manga fan but if you're familiar with World War Hulk then we have a mutual starting point. :)

Latest posts

Back