Hello everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainfogeveryday

Reaction score
I'm 23yo male permavirgin with social and generalized anxiety. Undiagnosed, but it's pretty obvious. I basically have no friends last 4 years (That's enough I think to somehow belong here), life in general has been pretty honeysuckle for last couple of years.

I study at university in major I don't like that much, but now it's too late for change. I even don't know what I like.

Being shy and unattractive, coupled with hyperhidrosis from anxiety I'm ultimate chick repulse machine. Now also norwooding...

I function in normal life to some degree, like studying, groceries, or better said I'm not depressed to point of lying in bed and eating 1 meal per 3 days. But this isn't life what I wanted to live, and it seems I don't have power and potential to change something.

Hi everyone once again.

Hey! Welcome.

In no way do I want to come off as down playing your situation, but I'll indulge a bit of personal information in hopes it might help.

I'm 31, I didn't have my first legitimate relationship until I was 26 but once I did it, it changed me.... I became less shy, less anxious, more confident simply because of it. I started to surround myself with the right people. It untapped my social potential and now some groups have actually considered me to a be a social butterfly. Complete OPPOSITE of me only 6 years ago. As for virginity, Believe it or not, some partners or people would consider that to be a lovely thing and not pre-judge you for it. Even more so here, possibly. Those are the type of people you should surround yourself/date. Trust me, I know it's hard to believe but these people do exist.... Some might call it being naive, I call it being optimistic. Being a pessimist will only lead you further down that road. Permavirgin? :( You're still young, some are simply late bloomers and haven't met the right person that will spark something within themselves. Since your hyperhidrosis is attributed to your anxiety, when you meet the right person that you aren't anxious around finally, you should be fine, no? You might be surprised at just how much social anxiety goes away when you come across like-minded or similar individuals.

I want to stress, what I've said is just my own personal experience and opinion, you are infact your own person with different possible anxieties. Either way, I feel like you certainly came to the right place to start a first step. If you feel brave enough, try joining the chat room with us or maybe join us when you feel more ready. :)

Looking forward to seeing ya around!

Hey, hello. 26 yo here and in kind of a similar situation regarding anxiety and studies. Let me tell you that, if you try, little bit at a time, anxiety can be overcome to some extent.

Siku said:
when you meet the right person that you aren't anxious around finally, you should be fine, no? You might be surprised at just how much social anxiety goes away when you come across like-minded or similar individuals.

I definitely agree with this. And even if it doesn't go away completely, at the very least it will be considerably less.

Anyway, welcome to the forum :)

I'm going through similar issues as you are now (studies, anxiety, friendship, relationship, hair). One thing I am trying to do is find hobbies and activities to re-engage myself with the world step by step, as well learn how to build and maintain self-confidence. I know it won't be a 1 day process, but I'm trying different things to see what works now lol. Signing up to this forum was definitely a great step forward (for me at least lol). A great bunch here.

Either way, welcome! Hope to see you around more often.

D

I put a lol behind every sentence to mask the pain, lollll

Latest posts

Back