hello everyone :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

introvert925

Reaction score
I was actually googling for stuff to do alone when I came across this website and it sounds like my cup of tea. A little about myself...I'm a 25 year old guy from Boston, MA. I have a girlfriend whom I love so I'm not looking for a relationship....don't know if that "disqualifies" me from being lonely :)

As you can probably tell from my username, I'm an introvert in the sense that I enjoy being alone with my thoughts most of the time. I have a very small group of friends most of whom I don't hang out with too much. They usually invite me to parties and whatnot, but I have a terrible habit of first asking them who will be going, if it's a big group and/or a bunch of people I don't really know I will make up some excuse and not go. Unfortunately this most likely damages my friendships and prevents me from making new ones (ahhh...vicious cycles).

I must sound confused...on one hand I like being alone sometimes and on the other hand being alone has its drawbacks in terms of friends. I find it hard to balance the two sides. I'm also running out of places to go alone. My usual spot is Freeport,ME which is nice because of the 2 hour drive in solitude.

So, feel free to respond or just to say hi. I respect everyone's opinions and thoughts!

Having a girlfriend does not disqualify you from being lonely and you'll see there are plenty of people in the same situation as you. Anyways though welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay :).

hi introvert 925 welcome to the forum

i'm kinda an introvert too, i love my me time and i can actually be great company for myself

i mean eventually i do get lonely and want to go out wiht other people, but i am not really one for the loud party scence unless it's a really cool trancey club place with techno music and colored lights

but a quiet night with a book and a teddy bear and maybe a bowl of ice cream is just *sighs* priceless

well anyways welcome to the forum i hope you enjoy your stay here

:)

Yeah I was never really in to the clubbing scene either. I use to read a lot, I should probably get back in to that. My big thing has been watching past seasons of "The Office" and "Law and Order" until odd hours of the night....like right now.

Welcome to the forum.

Hey and welcome to the forums. :)

I think everyone has those moments of wanting some privacy - just to varying degrees.

Latest posts

Back