Hello from Australia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst

Reaction score
I am a 41-year-old divorced female. I have two children, 17 and 20 year old whom have a long list of medical problems. I am a full time career for my 20-year-old son, who was diagnosed with several mental illnesses related issues at the age of 16.

I had a rough dysfunctional childhood growing up and an abusive marriage for over 10 years. For the last eight years, I have raised my children on my own as the courts felt that the children’s father was a risk to their health and safety.

As my children and I have moved restlessly (due to safety reasons), I have not been able to make any long-term friendships. As every time we move I have had to cut ties with anyone, we knew.

Nine months ago, we moved to an isolated area, which is not connected to the mainland of Australia. I feel very alone as the locals are in tight little groups; this feeling is starting to affect my health and feelings.

I am glad to found this site and I hope to bond with others.

Welcome to the forum

It sounds like you have had a rough go of things, but I hope that your situation will improve

welcome to the forum. i have received much support from the people here.

sorry for such a rough life... i hope you move, for the last time.

As rough as it is right now you are making the right decision for you and your children.

Welcome to the forum.

Regumika said:
welcome to the forum. i have received much support from the people here.

sorry for such a rough life... i hope you move, for the last time.

Thank you Regumika, for your kind words. I am pleased to hear that you have found this site supportive. Unfortunately, we will not be able to leave here until early 2015. I am hoping that the next moved will be our very last one as moving as many times as we have had to is exhausting, expensive and lonely.

I wish you all the best too.

Sci-Fi said:
As rough as it is right now you are making the right decision for you and your children.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you Sci-Fi for your welcoming and wise words.

Hey Amethyst, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about your rough past. :\
Hope you'll find some comfort from being here and interacting with the people here.

Punisher said:
Hi Amethyst :)

Hello Punisher :)

9006 said:
Welcome here.

Hi 9006, thank you :)

ladyforsaken said:
Hey Amethyst, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about your rough past. :\
Hope you'll find some comfort from being here and interacting with the people here.

Hi Ladyforsaken, Thank you for your welcoming and warm words. I am looking forward to interacting with others and hopefully make some friends along the way.

Hi Amethyst, I hope you'll find here some people who'll make you feel really welcomed, heard and understood

silver birch leaves said:
Hi Amethyst, I hope you'll find here some people who'll make you feel really welcomed, heard and understood

Hi Silver birch, thank you for your kind words :) I hope to participate and spend more time in the forums soon.

Hi!
Nice to see you here.
I like Australia very much! Honestly, I like also the US )))
What area are you talking about? If not secret. Maybe, it is Tasmania?
I know, a lot of insects and bugs are in Australia, so be carefull!
Australia is one of the best countries to live in.
Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaida - nice cities :)
And also I know, that australian people are always optimists. So you have to infuse us with positive :)

AlexChristy said:
Hi!
Nice to see you here.
I like Australia very much! Honestly, I like also the US )))
What area are you talking about? If not secret. Maybe, it is Tasmania?
I know, a lot of insects and bugs are in Australia, so be carefull!
Australia is one of the best countries to live in.
Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaida - nice cities :)
And also I know, that australian people are always optimists. So you have to infuse us with positive :)

Hi Alex

Thank you for the warm welcoming. :)
Yes, Australia is a beautiful part of the world. Although, I am biased as I have never travelled abroad before, as my claustrophobia condition has restricted me.

However, I have travelled by car through out Australia and I have lived in four different states. Lol, yes we have a lot of creepy crawlys in Australia and where I am living at present, the wildlife is plentiful.

Did you visit Brisbane on your journey to Oz? It is always interesting to hear other peoples opinions when visiting our country.

Edward W said:
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Hi Edward, thank you for the welcoming. :)

Hi Amethyst,

Well come to the Forum. I can see you are a devoted mother who move around to protect your children. I hope things will turnout to the better. Stay strong and stay around :)

Hi, Amethyst, I've send you PM.
Did you visit Brisbane on your journey to Oz? It is always interesting to hear other peoples opinions when visiting our country.
Unfortunately, I've never been to Australia, but I've heard a lot about your wonderful country.
I've sent you PM, you are always welcome to send me PM.
Tell us more about yourself and about your country. As you see, many people are interested in helping you.

Hi Amethyst and welcome to the forums. I'm an Aussie myself from the Canberra Region and it's nice to have more Australians around here. While I'm a lot younger than you are at 21 years of age alongside having different issues to deal with, being behind my peers in life, I'm sure you'll find some wonderful people who can relate, understand and provide solutions to your issues and circumstances at heart.

Tinderleaf said:
Hi Amethyst and welcome to the forums. I'm an Aussie myself from the Canberra Region and it's nice to have more Australians around here. While I'm a lot younger than you are at 21 years of age alongside having different issues to deal with, being behind my peers in life, I'm sure you'll find some wonderful people who can relate, understand and provide solutions to your issues and circumstances at heart.
Hi, Tinderleaf, nice to meet you in this thread.
Today me and my wife and our son were watching a film about your country. I think, australian people must be very happy to live in so beautiful country.

Latest posts

Back