hello from Sydney

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam88

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Sam. I'm 25, male, and live in Australia.

Like most of you, I've been dealing with loneliness and depression for a long time now, but it's been getting worse of late - I can't sleep these days.

I'm curious to know if anyone else physically feels their loneliness of a night. For me I feel it in my thighs when I'm lying in bed. It's a light tingling pressure just above my knees that just builds and builds. Anyway, that's what keeps me from sleeping and I've spent the past few nights creepily driving around in my car - a cliche I know, but it helps, and you can almost hear that **** deafeningly loud jazz soundtrack from taxi driver playing.

I had a few drinks last night, so I couldn't go driving - instead I googled loneliness and came across this site. I think its really beautiful that so many people are getting together to help each other through these problems.

I want to be part of it, and hope to make some friends along the way.

thanks,

Hey Sam :) welcome to the forum!, you live in one of my favorite countries. I hope you can make good cyberfriends here, maybe to help eachother chatting long on those sleepless nights. I'm myself a night owl, i spend time listening to music, chatting and watching my fave tv shows til 2-3AM.

When i feel deeply lonely, i experience some physical effects, hiperventilation, low blood pressure, it gets difficult to breath and my chest feels bigger than it is, so i drink water and i go to the bathroom and wash my face, that helps.

Well, i hope you feel eventually better and can sleep again.
Regards!

Hi Beckett,

Thanks for responding. I nearly had a panic attack after I posted my intro - I said to myself 'WHY DID YOU DO THAT YOU IDIOT!?' so it's really nice to get such a positive response.

I read your introduction and it is really nice to talk to someone who is so like me - I too suffer from clinical depression, low-self esteem and anxiety. And I also watch a lot of TV as a coping mechanism - Love breaking bad, the Sopranos, Deadwood and anything with Karl Pilkington.

I too have a cat who really helps. She is incredibly sweet, though very strange. She has this odd habit that whenever you pat her she slobbers to the point that she almost represents a risk of drowning. I named her 'the Gimp' as a reference to pulp fiction and my local vet used to have this gimmick where they would address letters to the pet, so I would get letters from them saying 'Dear The Gimp, its time for your vaccinations' :)

P.S What kind of music do you write? I'd love to hear some some time.

As the "better not" girl, i write this sincerely: :) congratulations Sam! for signing up and writing your intro, it's good that you did it and that you let us meet you (at least online), i hope you continue using this space to express yourself. Since you read one of my threads already, and feel identified with me, you can pm me whenever you like to, if there's something i can do to make you feel a lit bit better, then i'd gladly do it.

Vito Corleone, my pampered furry kid sends hugs and kisses to the Gimp (indeed an original pet name), maybe you can post a picture of her, of course if you wish to. My cat is all about whining, being petted, talking too much, calling me maa-ma to get what he wants, watching tv series sitting on my laptop's keyboard and sleeping above or next to me, ****! kid i love him so!. ;-P

As for the series i watch, i love Castle (huge fan), also NCIS (only 1 to 10th season), Criminal Minds, Bones, Revenge, The Simpsons and Charmed. Mostly about crime as you can notice, probably i was a cop in a past life ..or a thief, lol!.

Edit: i read ur question wrong (1:15AM here), but now i give u the correct answer: my style of songwriting and composing would be like Nerina Pallot or mexican singer Elan, i mean if i were a professional singer, i would sound like them.

Regards from Mexico!

Hi again,

i'd never heard of those musicians, just had a listen, they're great. I really like Nerina Pallot, she's got an amazing voice!

My favorite musician without a doubt is Elliott Smith. If you haven't heard of him have a look on youtube, but be warned it is a bit depressing. My favorite song of his is Angeles - really beautiful song.

I've heard great things about Mexico, particularly the south. Though it is horrible to hear about all the trouble with the gangs and drugs. I hope your safe.

As for helping me, you've already done so, thanks again.

Nice place, Australia.

Welcome to the site.

G'day! :p Sorry - couldn't help it! Welcome to the site though! :)

Thanks 9006, Alana, Callie and Edward - nice to hear from you guys.

also, no worries Edward - your aussie is dinky di cobber :)

Welcome! Australia is definitely one of the countries which I need to see someday. :)

Hello sam. I understand where you're coming from, I've also been struggling with depression and loneliness for a long time. It definitely is a wonderful thing to have a forum that lets you connect to so many people who are all just seeking a sense of togetherness. It's nice to meet you and hopefully you'll be a little less lonely now you're here :)

Latest posts

Back