Hello from the UK!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTID

Reaction score
Hey everyone, found this site last night after a "lonely people forums" Google search. Yep, that's what I spent my Friday night doing!  :D

So here goes: My name is James, I recently turned 29 and I live in a village called Lakenheath, in the East of England. It's most famous for hosting this nation's largest US Air Force base. I've lived here since I was 3, when my parents moved here from the US. I've worked in a convenience store as a baker for the last 11 years, ever since I left school. The job is okay for now, but I really dislike living here. Not the UK, just this area. There's just nothing and nobody really here for me, family aside. I'm not happy, but at the same time I'm not completely miserable either (though some people have that impression because I have a miserable or angry looking expression my face, usually. But that's just how my face normally looks!).

I've been introverted my whole life, and despite having little to no real friends, spending most of my time on my own and having little to no desire to engage with the people around me, I know I need to make a positive change. I'm fed up of being on my own so much, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life living like this. I need to start engaging with people however I can, and no matter how awkward I find it all.

One of the things that attracted me to this forum was that I saw people from several different countries posting. I would love to get to know people not just here in the UK, but abroad too. Mostly though, I just love helping people with any issues or problems they have, or just if they need someone to talk to. I don't know what it is, but I love being the person who is there for another person. I think that's the purest form of joy I can experience (Yeah that sounds stupid but it's what I honestly think).

Don't want to write too much, so I'll end it here. Nice to meet you all  :)

Hi James. Welcome to the forum. You sound like a cool guy and I bet you'll start forming connections soon ;)

Hello James. Welcome to ALL. Good for you, making an effort and breaking out of the pattern you've gotten into.
I'm sure you'll meet some interesting people here.

Welcome to ALL James!

Do you get to interact with customers at the convenient store? If so that would e a great way to start engaging people!

James, you Pommy *******. Sorry about the cricket. Seriously, welcome. You sound like a decent chap.

Thanks y'all, glad to be here.

MisterLonely said:
Welcome to ALL James!

Do you get to interact with customers at the convenient store? If so that would e a great way to start engaging people!

Sure. Although I don't spend too much time on the shop floor as I'm usually in the bakery, I do talk to some. But I've got so much to do, it's not really a good setting for forming friendships etc.

Hi James,

Welcome from another Brit (N. Devon). Look forward to seeing you around ALL :)

Hi James good luck on the forum.I did hear about my local baker in London who occasionally would disappear from his bakery about once  a year ;) I can imagine it being a very pressurized job early starts as well.

Latest posts

Back