Hello lonelies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forbidden

Reaction score
Hi...my name is Chrissy and I live on the island of Newfoundland in eastern Canada. I've joined many forums, but have not felt comfortable sharing anything online for quite some time.

I'm nothing special, just a girl growing old in this "social" world. Everyone around me moves forward and, well, I stay here...stationary. Unmoving.

I have social anxiety disorder which has been exasperated by a few situations with people whom I thought I could trust. I've had this disorder for almost a decade and the only time it obviously gets easier is when I force myself into social situations more frequently. My fear grows with each day I isolate...

I work alone and have for over ten years. Traffic is slow and so I spend most of my day relatively alone and even though I have a significant other, I still spend much of my "off" time alone...as he still has some friends he likes to be around.

I'm split in half...between enjoying my solitary life and despairing from the loneliness it inevitably causes. I know my choices and I have made my bed of nails. But since I'm still human and its in my instinct to crave human interaction, here I am...

May you all find your peace in the silence.
<3
Chrissy

Welcome to ALL, forbidden. That is quite an emotive introduction. Is it a very isolated region where you live in Canada?

HI!!!

I'm from Canada too!!!
(stuck in scotland now though)
If it's human interaction you're looking for feel free to give me a pm :D

DreamerDeceiver said:
Welcome to ALL, forbidden. That is quite an emotive introduction. Is it a very isolated region where you live in Canada?

Well there's about half a million on the entire island, but it's not overly isolated once you hit the cities.

Liley said:
Im split in two aswell =\ i know the feeling...

Welcome to ALL :)

thanks! :D

condemnedsoul666 said:
HI!!!

I'm from Canada too!!!
(stuck in scotland now though)
If it's human interaction you're looking for feel free to give me a pm :D

Hey! thanks! :)

Peter Lorre said:
Welcome Chrissy :) Hope you'll enjoy your stay here, plenty of nice people around!

thank you! :)

Latest posts

Back