Hello Newbies ...welcome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadGuy

Reaction score
I noticed today there are lots of new members that join and never post or ever return here
Just wanted to start a thread for anyone or everyone to say hello ...even if you are not new feel free to jump in

So..... Hello :)

BadGuy said:
I noticed today there are lots of new members that join and never post or ever return here
Just wanted to start a thread for anyone or everyone to say hello ...even if you are not new feel free to jump in

Hello! :)

I'm the minority that just did. :p

To be fair, I can't help but feel like a big part of that is due to the wait of having an admin accept registrations and/or being confused/impatient as to why they can't post yet. If that one little page is not read correctly directly after sign-up; there is no indication going forward that you have to wait. Just a very vague one. That in itself will deter repeat visitors in my humble opinion. So, I wouldn't fully attribute it to shyness. xD

I completely get why the system is set up like that, spam bots and scammers. I know a thing or two about it with previous forums' I admined, CAPTCHA and the like. Things that make it hard for anyone to run an honest forum these days. :(

well, some do come just to PM.

Hello newbies, and hope to see you all around :)

Siku said:

To be fair, I can't help but feel like a big part of that is due to the wait of having an admin accept registrations and/or being confused/impatient as to why they can't post yet. If that one little page is not read correctly directly after sign-up; there is no indication going forward that you have to wait. Just a very vague one. That in itself will deter repeat visitors in my humble opinion. So, I wouldn't fully attribute it to shyness. xD

I completely get why the system is set up like that, spam bots and scammers. I know a thing or two about it with previous forums' I admined, CAPTCHA and the like. Things that make it hard for anyone to run an honest forum these days. :(

The only thing that confused me about it is usually when a forum is set up like that, you get an e-mail saying your were approved or something. I was checking my inbox for hours until I realized I could actually post. >.<

Dawn Jellyfish said:
Siku said:

The only thing that confused me about it is usually when a forum is set up like that, you get an e-mail saying your were approved or something. I was checking my inbox for hours until I realized I could actually post. >.<

Lol I did the same exact thing :)

when I started this thread I thought it would be more popular
Hello to anyone lurking LOL

Siku said:
BadGuy said:

And the spammers keep getting cleverer everyday. Hard to tell the honest from the dishonest, and when people use means other than their ISP it doesn't make it any easier for us. We've had accounts take weeks to show as spammers, it could be worse.

Well, Hello you.

Newbie here. Registered a few days ago.
The reasons I haven't introduces myself are login errors, English not being my native language and scared of making mistakes.
But mostly deciding how much I'm going to share while maintaining my anonimity...

I'll figure it out. So for now, Hello

Latest posts

Back