Hello there *hiding behind chair*

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hazel_flagg

I'm new, and I just joined last night. :)

I do suffer from loneliness, as I seem to find friends but then they drop off and lose interest in me. Or perhaps I'm being paranoid, but no matter.

I'm 41. I'm American. I live in the English countryside (which I'm not thrilled with), I don't drive (yet), I'm married (maybe I'll share more about that later) and I have a five year old boy who I adore.

I made a lot of 'friends' through Twitter, but they've disappeared one by one. Maybe Twitter is frivolous by it's very nature and isn't a place to forge long-lasting friendships.

Not sure what else I should share, but I just thought I'd say hello.

Hello!

Hi and welcome, pull up that chair instead and join us! :)

Welcome to the forum.

How long have you lived in the UK for? What music do you like? Do you still spell it "color" or have you adapted and now spell it correctly (colour)?
What is the best film in the world ever?

Welcome Madam, I adore our Countryside :3 Its why I chose to work in it but I do understand what you mean by the solitude that comes with it. I hope you enjoy your time here.

painter said:
Welcome to the forum.

How long have you lived in the UK for? What music do you like? Do you still spell it "color" or have you adapted and now spell it correctly (colour)?
What is the best film in the world ever?

Oh, hello!

I've lived in the UK for about twelve years. I like a little bit of everything, music-wise (although this week I seem to be into 70s album rock). I spell 'colour' correctly, as I do 'favourite' and 'labour'. And in my opinion, I think Dog Day Afternoon is the finest film there is. Thank you for the welcome. :)

MrPaul said:
Welcome Madam, I adore our Countryside :3 Its why I chose to work in it but I do understand what you mean by the solitude that comes with it. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Ta very much, Mr Paul. I do like England rather a lot, and have lived here for several years. My spouse works in the countryside as well, and we have moved many, many times as he must go where the work is. Maybe that's why I have negative associations with it :) Thank you for the welcome.

I was married with kids once. It is amazing how busy and lonely being a parent and spouse can be, There can be that something missing. I got a drivers license at 26 years of age. I am 48 now and the kids are gone.
Here I am single again with a cat. I am more self-fulfilled now but wanting a partner again.That's the lonely part for me. Life is strange. I hope you make some meaningful connections or someone makes you smile now and then at the very least. So Hello and welcome.

Rosewood said:
I was married with kids once. It is amazing how busy and lonely being a parent and spouse can be, There can be that something missing. I got a drivers license at 26 years of age. I am 48 now and the kids are gone.
Here I am single again with a cat. I am more self-fulfilled now but wanting a partner again.That's the lonely part for me. Life is strange. I hope you make some meaningful connections or someone makes you smile now and then at the very least. So Hello and welcome.

Thank you, Rosewood. Loneliness is a pernicious *******, isn't it?

hazel_flagg said:
I'm new, and I just joined last night. :)

I'm 41. I'm American. I live in the English countryside (which I'm not thrilled with), I don't drive (yet), I'm married (maybe I'll share more about that later) and I have a five year old boy who I adore.

Hello and welcome! :) hmmm...seems there's *some* similarities between us...

I'm 42. I'm Canadian. I don't live in the English countryside (but wish I did!), I don't drive (yet), I'm married (maybe I'll share more about that more later) and I have a five-year old boy who I adore too...:p

So...let's see: out of a possible 6 similarities, we match on 3 and pretty darn close on the other 3..not too shabby! We should have a chitchat over virtual tea one day...:D

Latest posts

Back