Hello y'all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Healing2me

Hi,
Hope you are feeling a little less lonely with one more to add to your forum :)

My loneliness issues are longstanding and complex. 

At this very moment I feel sad that I looked over the classified section and saw all the holiday activities happening in my town starting tomorrow. I feel abandoned and unable to reach out at this time because of anxiety and a general uncomfortable feeling about being out in public at special events like that. I just stopped reading the paper and did other things.

Part of my troubles is that I have a former boyfriend who is at this time married (was not when we were dating) and was living in another state. We dated a long time and it ended a few years ago, and wan't pretty. He moved back here with her, and they are living just a few miles up the road to my surprise and dismay. I am confident that they don't want any trouble or drama with me or anyone, and same with me. However if I saw them in public (very likely in a small town like ours) it would be difficult, but even thinking about the possibility disables me. So I don't participate in anything in my community anymore.

I was in a recovering state of depression and anxiety, and separation or empty nest feelings for grown children that are now gone and don't communicate with me. It's their age and we live in different cities. Anyways I was enjoying my own home and trying to integrate back into a social life. When I was told they (the ex and his wife, not the kids darn it) moved back here it just stopped that cold. Recovery seemed to stop in one direction and become avoidance. I feel like a failure, ugly, unwanted. I used to be able to bounce back but maybe it's my age or this dreary weather. Not sure. 

I don't socialize at all other than an occasional lunch with a friend or talking to local people in town on errands.

I'll leave it at that for now. I am very lonely, at this very moment, and would like to reach out. I don't use social media and try to stay off computers and the internet. This looks like a good forum to talk with y'all with similar stories and help others with the same.

Thanks for being here :)

Hello and welcome to ALL, It is better with another person here! just sorry that you feel the need to be here though :(

I can get that is sucks to see your ex and his girlfriend being happy when things between the two of you ended so badly, but you shouldn't let that stop you from living your life, from going out and having fun, from socializing, and i know that that's easier said then done.... You have nothing to be ashamed of!

Hope you find what your looking for here on ALL, see you around!

Thank you very much--it was just completely unexpected for my normal day-to-day to even consider that I might run into this person or these people. I can understand they visit, but to actually relocate/move here...I'm working on it weekly in therapy, and eventually I can go out and socialize again. Just not ready yet. I wish I could go out again and have fun.
Time helps, if I use the time wisely. Radial acceptance and all that. Guess it isn't so much ashamed as avoidance, and avoidance has caused this to last longer, even though I thought I was over all of it. I'm over him but not willing to be in the presence of him/them, and truthfully don't think that will change (or want it to change). I would like to stop the avoidance and start to live again like you said.
Thanks for your welcomes -- a lot of people can relate to this holiday breakup lonely thing :)

Healing2me said:
Hi,
Hope you are feeling a little less lonely with one more to add to your forum :)

My loneliness issues are longstanding and complex. 

At this very moment I feel sad that I looked over the classified section and saw all the holiday activities happening in my town starting tomorrow. I feel abandoned and unable to reach out at this time because of anxiety and a general uncomfortable feeling about being out in public at special events like that. I just stopped reading the paper and did other things.

Part of my troubles is that I have a former boyfriend who is at this time married (was not when we were dating) and was living in another state. We dated a long time and it ended a few years ago, and wan't pretty. He moved back here with her, and they are living just a few miles up the road to my surprise and dismay. I am confident that they don't want any trouble or drama with me or anyone, and same with me. However if I saw them in public (very likely in a small town like ours) it would be difficult, but even thinking about the possibility disables me. So I don't participate in anything in my community anymore.

I was in a recovering state of depression and anxiety, and separation or empty nest feelings for grown children that are now gone and don't communicate with me. It's their age and we live in different cities. Anyways I was enjoying my own home and trying to integrate back into a social life. When I was told they (the ex and his wife, not the kids darn it) moved back here it just stopped that cold. Recovery seemed to stop in one direction and become avoidance. I feel like a failure, ugly, unwanted. I used to be able to bounce back but maybe it's my age or this dreary weather. Not sure. 

I don't socialize at all other than an occasional lunch with a friend or talking to local people in town on errands.

I'll leave it at that for now. I am very lonely, at this very moment, and would like to reach out. I don't use social media and try to stay off computers and the internet. This looks like a good forum to talk with y'all with similar stories and help others with the same.

Thanks for being here :)

Hi! I'm new here, too.
I believe that you're never alone.
Welcome!

Thanks everyone--sorry for the downer post. It was a good vent. Trying to stick with the games on here and read some of the good replies on several posts. So much good advice :)

Latest posts

Back