Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Legato

I started posting a short while ago. Not a lot, but was gonna attempt at taking things on here seriously and try to find some new friends hopefully.

Didnt really get off to a good start.

I took an overdose not long after joining. Never felt so lonely in my life.

Finally came back to my own place. Feel like i'm not ready to be alone, but it wasnt through choice. Thoughts that run through your head when alone can be incredible, vile, pathetic sometimes.

I can't handle this. Unsure of what I can do anymore. Seems like my attempt didnt get noticed. Feels like it wont be long before i attempt again.

Would do anything for a different look on life. At the minute it's grim

Legato said:
I started posting a short while ago. Not a lot, but was gonna attempt at taking things on here seriously and try to find some new friends hopefully.
Didnt really get off to a good start.
I took an overdose not long after joining. Never felt so lonely in my life.
Finally came back to my own place. Feel like i'm not ready to be alone, but it wasnt through choice. Thoughts that run through your head when alone can be incredible, vile, pathetic sometimes.
I can't handle this. Unsure of what I can do anymore. Seems like my attempt didnt get noticed. Feels like it wont be long before i attempt again.
Would do anything for a different look on life. At the minute it's grim

Well, whats there to stop this time being better than last? You are here now, might as well see how it goes eh? :)

Sorry to hear about what happened. You say you are back at your own place but dont feel ready? Is there anyone you can talk to about that or that can stay over or something? Either way, it may be good to speak to people about whats going on, either on here on personally.

I cant say i know much about you, but when the honeysuckle hit the fan for me i focused on something that i really wanted and worked for it. I ignored the other thoughts in my head and concentrated on meeting my goal. When I did, that made me feel good about myself and gave a reason to continue. the times i felt that i couldnt make it, i just had to push myself harder and to go further. Maybe this could work with you? I dont know... im not in the business of telling people what to do lol

anyway, you say you would like to make some friends, if you want you can pm me on here or something! :)

*hugs*

Please don't do anything you'll regret. You're not all alone; we're all here for you. I know it's not the same as being right next to you and holding your hand, but I'd do that if you were nearby. And I'd bring cake (my universal solution to everything).

Be kind to yourself, and don't let those mean thoughts get the better of you. Stand strong.

I've had moments of that despair, me too, not long ago. When you feel that there's simply no possible chance that things will brighten up, or that you will be able to connect with others again. I have felt so alone at those times that I haven't been able to imagine what to do with my own existence anymore, not even for the rest of the day, or for the next half hour. To think "I'll let it pass, and tomorrow will be better" just doesn't work, since you are completely sure there are no ways out of the pain that you feel, in those moments.

It's not long ago I felt like this the last time. During the time since then, though, I've also have had some happy moments, when I feel that life is something good, just as well as there have been good days between those extreme lows. It doesn't change the force of the bad moments a bit, but it serves as a reminder that better times comes again, and that I'll have days when life will feel like something worth having. It doesn't feel like it when I'm in a low, but I force myself to think "next time, not this one". So, as Equinox said before: don't do something that you'll regret. There's always hope, even though it's impossible to feel it sometimes. In those critical moments, I think it's enough to be able to decide to wait just one more time, and not do anything final there and then.

Perhaps a way to change things, in the long run, would be to see a therapist and work with your feelings with him/her? I don't know if you have tried it, but it's a great comfort (it was for me, at least), in the long run but also to fight of that acute feeling of loneliness. It's incredible what your own thoughts can do to you, and make you feel.

It's weird to explain, but i'm sure a few go through it.

The good/bad days. I go to work and pretend i'm ok. Bubbly character always trying to make people smile. But as soon as I leave it's like i step into another world. A world of nothing..just emptyness.

My brother has came to stay with me this week which i'm sure will help. I've told my family about the situation too. I've felt like a rubbish son, rubbish brother, friend..

It's horrible to have these thoughts in my head, especially as i know there are people out there with a lot worse going on.

It's just finding people who actually understand. Therapy has never really helped me. It's always good to talk, but in the back of my mind i'm thinking "they're getting paid to help me...they dont care"

Hang in there legato,

If the therapist only cared about money they would be trading stocks on wallstreet not being a therapist, I've met a few good therapists over the years they want to help you

*hugs*

Yes, they may be getting paid to help you, but I think you should wonder why they got into the profession in the first place.

Things are hard, life isn't easy. I won't paint a rosy picture for you because that would be an incomplete picture.

Legato said:
It's weird to explain, but i'm sure a few go through it.
The good/bad days. I go to work and pretend i'm ok. Bubbly character always trying to make people smile. But as soon as I leave it's like i step into another world. A world of nothing..just emptyness.
My brother has came to stay with me this week which i'm sure will help. I've told my family about the situation too. I've felt like a rubbish son, rubbish brother, friend..
It's horrible to have these thoughts in my head, especially as i know there are people out there with a lot worse going on.
It's just finding people who actually understand. Therapy has never really helped me. It's always good to talk, but in the back of my mind i'm thinking "they're getting paid to help me...they dont care"

I guess thats what its like for a lot of people; one face for the public and another for when they are at home or away from everyone else. Hopefully one day that happy person you are at work will be the one you are all the time.

Well you are not a rubbish family member, its not right to say that about yourself. Hopefuly talking to them about everything will take some pressure off you and lead on to better things. You cant keep comparing yourself to others either, what is a huge thing for one person may not be for another, so what is one guys dead insect is anothers dead best friend. Your are allowed to acknowledge your own feelings and not feel bad if they do not seem as bad as others!

Well therapy isnt for everyone, like the others ahve said, yeh they are getting paid for it, but they must care if they decided to take up that profession in the first place! All therapists are bit different so if you have had a bast experience with one theres nothing to say it will happen with the next :)

Latest posts

Back