Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronery

Reaction score
Hello I am new to the forum, but joined because I felt this may be therapeutic. For the last 8 years I have been living a quiet boring country life and it has been depressing. I am 19 years old living with my grandparents, with no car,job,or friends. I was not home-schooled but I might as well have been, because I have no friends. All the people I know got automobiles by the time they were 17 and I have been 3 years without it. I wanted to get a job, but because I live in such a remote area,it has been difficult. My apologies for such a long winded introduction but I was wondering if anyone else was living in similar circumstances?

Welcome to the site. Long winded? LOL Oh wait until you see some of the others intro's. Yours was straight, simple, short and to the point. Perfect introduction. :)

Pezza said:
I'm in exactly the same situation apart from that I'm in the french countryside.
French countryside? I envy you, :)
Sci-Fi said:
Welcome to the site. Long winded? LOL Oh wait until you see some of the others intro's. Yours was straight, simple, short and to the point. Perfect introduction. :)
OK thanks
Poguesy said:
G'day is an Australian greeting correct?
SophiaGrace said:
I"m 23 and still don't have a car. Welcome to the car-less club.
That makes me feel slightly better,nice to meet you!
Jilted John said:
Herro Ronery!
You saw it too!

SophiaGrace said:
I"m 23 and still don't have a car. Welcome to the car-less club.
Well I don't even have a drivers license yet,and drivers training is freakin' expensive! Tell me why you don't have a car yet?

Hello,
I,m Akon , New on this board...
Welcome to all old members of this community...i hope you all guys will enjoy here.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am old enough to be your grandmother and I have never had a dirver's license hopefully we will both get one in the future.

swanlake said:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am old enough to be your grandmother and I have never had a dirver's license hopefully we will both get one in the future.

No you are not...Unless you are 82. :p

Hello Ronery, no drivers license or car either, and I'm 24. Lessons are expensive, and a car and insurance even more so. Besides, there's public transport in my area.

No car either, it seems to be a commone theme here! :) Have a licence but dont want a car.

Welcome to the board!

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a driver's license, either. Hoping to get one soon.
We have something in common already! :)
DesertWolf said:
Hello Ronery, no drivers license or car either, and I'm 24. Lessons are expensive, and a car and insurance even more so. Besides, there's public transport in my area.

Yes, but it's different, UK and Australia have great public transport, whereas in the US unless you live in a large metropolitan area (NYC,Chicago,LA) then having self transport is a necessity. I live in an extremely rural area (less than 5000 people) and EVERYBODY drives EVERYWHERE. There are absolutely no subways or buses in my area, so everyone gets a car at age 16-17. However I will concur that lessons and insurance are quite expensive. Nice meeting you by the way.

Latest posts

Back