Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landlocked

Reaction score
Hello, I need somewhere to put this out there so please excuse the rant.

I am very lonely and it is of my own making. After my gf of 7 years and I broke up 3 years ago I went into a sort of scorched earth mode separating myself from all of my friends, barely talking to family until it got to the point I am pretty much completely isolated.

I couldn't handle the rejection. The person who knew me best didn't like who I was and so I pulled away from the world because I felt I must not have much to offer. I've finally begun to pull myself back together and am slowly making the transition back into meeting new people and making friends. Trouble is, I'm afraid I may be well past the age that most people are looking to make new friends(I'm 27) and don't know where/how to begin.

I once had social skills but now they're pretty much gone. I spend my days tending to my garden, my aquarium and surfing the web. I have a job but never exchange more than a few pleasantries with my co-workers.

So...that's my story. Hello ALL.

Thank you all for the welcomes.

Sci-fi...you're probably right. I still feel the fear, though. I make banter and small talk well but always feel like people just talk to me out of convenience/proximity. I don't know how to bridge the gap between acquaintance to friend. How does one go about making the next step?

Latest posts

Back