Hello...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sphyraenidae

Reaction score
Hi there. I've been sorta apprehensive about posting anything on here, because I've had some bad experiences with people on the internet...I have a lot of trouble trusting people outside of my family, because they usually get tired of dealing with me (sorry, I know that sounds pretty pathetic).

My name is Kate, and I'm a marine biology student living in Florida. I'm actually staying at my original home in Virginia right now, but that's because I've been having a bad time.

I came across this site and noticed that I could identify with a lot of what I was reading. I'm a solitary person, but I still feel lonely most of the time. Total isolation makes things worse for me, but it makes up the majority of my life.

I wish I could be a lot of things, like a carefree spirit or an extrovert, or a person of faith...I try, but it's very difficult and confusing. I'm hoping that I don't get sniped at here like I have on other supposedly similar websites/forums.

Just a final note:
I just came off of antidepressants for the first time in 12 years (I was started on them at the age of 12, and have taken more types than I can remember), so forgive me if I sound kind of pitiful, irritating, or even incoherent. The withdrawal has messed with me a bit.

don't worry about it.

welcome to the forums, this is my first day here as well.

where did you study in Florida?

Welcome to the forum! You're in the right place for sharing with others who are in the same or similar situations as yourself. Hope you find the forums helpful. We're glad you're here!

Sphyraenidae said:
Hi there. I've been sorta apprehensive about posting anything on here, because I've had some bad experiences with people on the internet...I have a lot of trouble trusting people outside of my family, because they usually get tired of dealing with me (sorry, I know that sounds pretty pathetic).

My name is Kate, and I'm a marine biology student living in Florida. I'm actually staying at my original home in Virginia right now, but that's because I've been having a bad time.

I came across this site and noticed that I could identify with a lot of what I was reading. I'm a solitary person, but I still feel lonely most of the time. Total isolation makes things worse for me, but it makes up the majority of my life.

I wish I could be a lot of things, like a carefree spirit or an extrovert, or a person of faith...I try, but it's very difficult and confusing. I'm hoping that I don't get sniped at here like I have on other supposedly similar websites/forums.

Just a final note:
I just came off of antidepressants for the first time in 12 years (I was started on them at the age of 12, and have taken more types than I can remember), so forgive me if I sound kind of pitiful, irritating, or even incoherent. The withdrawal has messed with me a bit.

Steak said:
don't worry about it.

welcome to the forums, this is my first day here as well.

where did you study in Florida?

I'm a bit behind in terms of graduation, so I'm still studying, actually :)
I've been at Palm Beach Atlantic University, but I'm considering transferring to a school with a lower tuition (and less religious leanings...bad choice on my part).

It's funny how i've lived in Florida for a while and never ventured down that way very much

anyways, i hope you enjoy it here. Don't be afraid to post!

Welcome here, I'm also fairly new. Love to hear about marine biology studies if you care to share.

Hello Kate, welcome..
Also, you do not sound pitiful or irritating or any such thing at all

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

It sounds to me like you might just need someone likeminded to speak to. Others will not understand and eventually forget about you. I feel like I can relate a bit, for most part I use logic and rational thinking to make my way through life. Few people want to bond with someone like that.

I appreciated what you said about yourself, it did not sound pitiful at all in my opinion. You pretty much explained why you've made your way here to this forum ;)

Hey you!

Try not to worry about tough times! We're here for you now >=D

Lol That is just dodgy. Anyway feel free to talk about anything you have to on here. We're here to listen :D

Latest posts

Back