Hello!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redraider1101

Reaction score
I am a 22 year old college student in Texas. I just joined, but I have been lurking and reading a long time. While my life experience so far hasn't been particularly traumatic or turbulent, I have struggled with depression since at least junior high. I consider myself pretty personable and friendly, but I can sometimes ruin relationships with feelings of insecurity. I have good days and bad days, like anyone else I suppose, but my depression is a secret from everyone I know, including my family.

I know it can seem petty to be hung up on appearance to the point it ruins your life, but anyone else who feels this way knows what I am talking about. I struggle with wanting to be around people due to loneliness, and wanting to be alone. I look forward to when I can feel comfortable being alone, especially being single.

I started counseling last year and I felt like it was helping, but I moved and haven't gone since. I'm making this summer a time of improvement for myself so I'm getting back into going and working on talking my feelings out in a healthy, productive way.

I'm kind and caring, almost to a fault sometimes, but I'm always hear to listen if you ever feel like no one else is.

-B

Welcome to the forum redraider!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay, there are many fine people here and there is always someone willing to listen to you when you're in need.

I'm sure things will get better for you as you get older, I know they did for me. But for now, you should just take your time to get to know everyone. :)

Welcome to the site :)

Hello, welcome to the forum!
I'm sure you'll meet a lot of interesting people here! =)

Hi there :)

You sound really positive about getting to place where you are happy with how you feel, I hope this place helps :)

Latest posts

Back