One day at a time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLINDSEY8

Reaction score
Hi. I’m an over 50 female. 2 grown kids who live far away. Both are busy of course. I was not blessed with extended family so i often feel like I’m alone to navigate life. A couple of friends but when you’re depressed your non-depressed friends don’t get it. So I’m looking to just talk it through when I’m feeling that i need someone who understands.

Hi. I’m an over 50 female. 2 grown kids who live far away. Both are busy of course. I was not blessed with extended family so i often feel like I’m alone to navigate life. A couple of friends but when you’re depressed your non-depressed friends don’t get it. So I’m looking to just talk it through when I’m feeling that i need someone who understands.
I totally understand how you feel, though I'm 35 and I don't have children, but I recently lost my mom and my dad is not easy to talk to, and I don't have much to do with my extended family. Welcome, and let me know if you ever want to chat!

thanks to all of you. Someone mentioned my nickname. If thats slindsey8 its only because i typed it in somewhere and had no idea it would appear as my name on posts😂. You’re dealing with a whole other generation!!! It might be interesting to see what else I don’t know how to do on here

I totally understand how you feel, though I'm 35 and I don't have children, but I recently lost my mom and my dad is not easy to talk to, and I don't have much to do with my extended family. Welcome, and let me know if you ever want to chat!
Hi Gabby. I’d love to chat although I’m sporadic about looking at my phone. The thing i often feel is “orphan.” When I’m around my one friend who is ALWAYS doing something with her extended family, i often feel sad that she doesn’t invite me to “family” events. When she does give me specifics it is clear that inviting a nonfamily member would be frowned on. Even though I’ve known her 30 years. It’s embarrassing.

Hi Gabby. I’d love to chat although I’m sporadic about looking at my phone. The thing i often feel is “orphan.” When I’m around my one friend who is ALWAYS doing something with her extended family, i often feel sad that she doesn’t invite me to “family” events. When she does give me specifics it is clear that inviting a nonfamily member would be frowned on. Even though I’ve known her 30 years. It’s embarrassing.
I totally understand that feeling. My one friend from college who I see occasionally will talk to me nonstop about her family events. I'm like I don't even want to hear it!

Latest posts

Back