Hello :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ymir

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Guess I should tell a little about myself. If there's one word to describe me, it would be "overachiever": I am 17 and have been working on a research about optimization of biodiesel production, have the top grades on my class and am currently on the final steps of writing my very first novel, a 90K words science fiction novel (as in I'll finish it next month yay).

Everyone sees a pretty and smart girl with a perfect life. Or something.

Well, I also have been dealing with depression with self-harm and chronic health problems on the side. I have to live on 1500 calories per day, can't have most, if not all, medications as they upset my already cranky digestive system and my energy levels range from "I need a 7 hours nap" to "Leave me alone to die".

This all paired up with my lack of emotional response towards most relationships makes me pretty much a loner. I resent the fact that I'm unable to keep close relationships for any longer than a couple of months without wearing out and starting hating the guts of the person I'm talking to.

Or, if by a chance I do like a person and enjoy the relationship, the other person is not very interested in me. While I'm aware I'm not unpleasant to talk to, I always think there's something missing about me or my personality that makes people I like go away. The feeling of not being enough was what triggered my self-harm habits, in the first place.

I've decided it would be therapeutical to share this side of myself (something I tend not to do at all) and meet other people who think and feel the same way.

So, nice to meet you all :D

Hello! Congrats on the novel, I've dabbled in writing myself, some sci-fi too. Are you planning on publishing it?

Anyway, welcome to the site, if you want to talk more feel free to PM me. :)

I'm planning to at least give it a try. I'm not aiming very high, considering it's just my first, but I'll do what I can :)

And thank you! Be sure I'll bother you anytime, I'm dying for a sci fi writer to talk to.

Hello. Welcome. I can relate a lot to your story btw. Feel free to pm me anytime. Alright. Enough human interaction for now. Later

Latest posts

Back