hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzworm86

Reaction score
About me, I am a child of adultery which lead to my father’s suicide. Raised my some pretty mean people who left me with a couple of nice personality disorders like Avoidant and Borderline and the accompanying depression. The Borderline is really neat because it is unusual for a male to acquire this.

I was taught to always care for my mother and like a good boy I did, fearful of losing her and both of us so clingy here we are together she at 82 and I at 47. It is terrifying now to realize all that I have missed and very shameful to be that pathetic, if not comic cliché of the guy who lives with his mother, but that is just it isn't it, if it were only that simple.

I have never had a girlfriend. Two sexual encounters which muddied the waters even more. With a masters degree I have averaged about $9,000.00 dollars as an adult earner. So, last night, in a drunken haze I found myself here.

Welcome to ALL,

I am sorry that you feel the way that you do, but know you are not alone!
Do the things that which make you happy and stay positive.
No one is saying you won't have bad days.... you will! We all do!
The important thing is to NOT dwell in you our own self pity, and to be strong and keep going.

Life is after all one big random bowl of experience, not everyday is going to be Cake!
When those bad days come always remember the good times, so they maybe an everlasting reminder of whats to come!

In the end, all things are but an illusion, you decide what is really real... when it comes to your life! :)

Peace!

Hey buzzworm, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here or find some nice people to talk to that you might enjoy interacting with. Good luck.

Honestly, I know American culture dictates the children leave the nest, but somehow I feel, that maybe that shouldn't always be the case?

Can I just say although you feel it isn't so, I feel that despite the situation, it was very nice of you not to leave your mother. S I feel old people get very lonely and I always feel for them, cause I can only imagine their limitations.

Don't feel so down.. You can alwAys talk in herr. Some of us are always available to tAlk with, I bet.

Wow buzzworm 86! My hat's off to you on being candid about sensitive issues!

I think it's good that you're here and I hope that ventilating your thoughts and feelings on this site is what you're looking for. People here are mostly not too judgmental and we're a pretty accepting community.

For my part, I'm 62 and have lived with my mother since dad died fourteen years ago. It isn't easy but that's another story that I'll come back to sometime, like I have before.

Latest posts

Back