Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royak94

Reaction score
Hi. I am completely new to the big wide world of forums. I came across this forum and it seems to be something that I am looking for.

Just some basic background as to who I am. My name is Alex (Royak as a Forum name, you can call me either one). I am a 21-year-old Canadian. I currently study History at a University, and I am in my third year. History for me is quite fascinating, and is one of the few things in my life that keeps me going. The Other is my Spirituality. I am a Christian, and I do not believe in converting people or forcing my religion onto others. Respect the fact that I have a faith that I trust in completely, and I respect your faith or your choice to not have a faith.

What makes my life complicated, and the reason I decided to join this forum, can boil down to a few main points, most of which I try not to go into a long winded speech here, but I probably will anyway haha. These points aren't in any order, just whatever comes to me.

Point #1: My sexual orientation. This is a tad bit complicated, especially with my public and private life. I am Gender Fluid. While I maintain the elements of being male in public, in the privacy of my room, majority of the time I am feminine. To put it into context, I have a beard (Have had one since 2010), and I dress casually, but nothing feminine. I have issues where I strive to maintain a "Perfect" Reputation and image, making others believe I am "Normal" (If there is such a thing) My mother knows, my father doesn't. I choose to keep it that way, hence with the anonymity of a forum, I am able to disclose this information.

Point #2: My Childhood. I, along with my mother, were verbally and sexually abused for over 10 years by my ex-stepfather. My mother was able to gain the strength to divorce him 4 years ago, and I proceeded to help my mother heal. My logic as a teenager was to help the parent stabilize and heal so that I would have a parent who could continue to raise me despite the events over the past 10 years. Foolishly, I removed myself from the events and incidents, preventing myself from getting the help I need, still to this day. Being on this forum, I hope, I can read other people's stories and learn from their life experiences.

Point #3: My Maturity. Living in a society that is as sexually provocative as it is, I have always failed to integrate with the 21st century. I am still a virgin, I have never become Drunk, never done Drugs, I haven't even hit another human being before. I am frustrated by my efforts to live in a world that rejects all that I represent (at least it seems to me). I believe in peace, love, and kindness. It ties into my spirituality. I follow my faith quite closely, and I try to act out my faith through kindness. I never push scripture on anyone (I find people use it way too much out of context, I don't even quote it), rather I emulate my faith through my personality, which I guess should be a point all on its own.

Point #4: My Empathic Nature. So, I have what I believe is called 'Empathic Abilities'. It allows me to connect to not only people, but also objects, buildings, even time itself. (I guess that's where my love of history comes from) I'm not some all-powerful psychic. My abilities are all passive. I'm like an observer. I observe emotions, events, that kind of stuff. This is really problematic for me as I tend to get too caught up in other people's emotions.

Anyway, I'm so sorry this is long. There is a lot to me, and I hope this brief (haha, more like an essay to me) explanation of who I am can allow anyone to understand where I come from when I offer my thoughts on a situation or any advice that one may seek. If anyone wants to vent, I consider myself to be a natural listener. Don't be shy to send me a PM if you are interested in either talking or learning more about the 4 points I gave.

P.S: I seem so nerdy and odd typing out this post like this haha. Again, I'm new at this kind of stuff, so please forgive my lengthy introduction to myself. Have a good day!

Gender fluid eh? Yeah, I'd say that's a tad bit complicated. So you helped your mother heal in order that she would be able to continue to raise you, but you removed yourself from the healing process, am I getting that right? I'd say that your mother owed it to you to help you heal as well....would that not be included in the "raising" you process?

However, at 21 years of age perhaps it would be more appropriate to seek another source of the help that you say you need. Does your university have a psychological counseling center? I'm not trying to be a smartass or in any way hostile when I suggest that. If your school does have that resource, I'd urge you to look into it.....maybe some sessions of individual counseling followed by a few semesters of group therapy with your peers.

This feminine thing in private? It's the secret part that seems kind of dangerous to me. Private, hidden issues indicate unresolved issues IMO and unresolved issues can pressurize and then burst out somehow, uncontrolled and hurtful. Get some help, you've got gender issues and the beard might just be a kind of masquerade.

I agree with constant stranger. You are still young, and at that age, you are still able to change and adapt, so you should try to seek another way to help yourself. While it is good to be open and cope in a forum, I think individual or group therapy face-to-face would be a good option, as well. Of course, there are other ways to help yourself, find the best option for you. I myself am considering therapy, but not right now, as there is too much new changes going about in my life, and I am slow at adapting to change.

Thank you for opening up to this forum, though. I welcome you, I hope you enjoy your stay here. I hope we are able to help you cope or just help you relax or burn off steam or whatever it is you may need here.

"I have always failed to integrate with the 21st century. I am still a virgin, I have never become Drunk, never done Drugs, I haven't even hit another human being before. I am frustrated by my efforts to live in a world that rejects all that I represent"

That's actually a really known issue, at least for me. You see I volunteer with troublesome kids that most of they're alienation feelings comes from this, and Im guessing our feeling too.
Its like we are being told by people that we have to behave in some way and be what they telling us to be, because otherwise we don't worth a thing. Which is a complete nonsence, but in a world that drove by our desire to be part of a group, we left outside because we don't play they're game.

Thx alex

Royak94 said:
I am frustrated by my efforts to live in a world that rejects all that I represent (at least it seems to me).

My circumstances and outlook on life are probably quite different to yours in a lot of ways but I have to say that I really empathize with this sentence here...

Latest posts

Back