hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rone

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here and the reason I joined this place is that I find myself in a very lonely place right now. I am in a new city where I don't know anyone, I moved here to take care of my mother who is elderly and unable to care for herself anymore. I spend all of my time with her and she is not in very good shape and I am afraid to leave her alone. I had a pretty good life back in LA but there was no one else to come and care for her. Don't get me wrong I am not resentful about having to do this it just gets lonely. I have always been sort of a loner with a small circle of friends but even they are gone now. I'm not really sure what I am looking for here. Anyway thanks for listening.

Hi Welcome,

I guess you have to make use of your time doing something you like.
Sports, exercise, yoga, writing, reading.
I get lonely after work and when im on my 1 day off lol. But i just make myself busy not to have time to think and be lonely.

Hello rone!

I'm sorry about your mother, it must be hard. Since you're from LA, would you mind if I asked a couple of questions in PM? I fell in love with the city a couple years ago, it's so fascinating!

Anyway, welcome to the forums and good luck finding what you're looking for!

Ooh, props to you for being for responsible! You have my respect!
raw

Have you tried playing Sudoko with your mother?Try it! It's super fun and a great way to pass time!

Try introduce yourself and your mother to the neighbours :)

Latest posts

Back