Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akira

Reaction score
Hey, I also registered here some time ago, but I didn't post anything because I wasn't sure if I would be indulging in being and feeling lonely if I did... but then I see I might as well try it.
I’m 24 years old, I live in Norway and as my username should indicate I am a girl.
I think I’m just very easily bored or particular about making friends. Currently I have no friend in Norway; I have been more preoccupied with students and people that have been living around the same area or at the same university as me, who are international. And the thing about international students is that they don’t stick around for very long. I do have acquaintances that are Norwegian and around the same age as me, but for some reason I don’t seem to connect very well with them so we are still just acquaintances.
Two years ago I met this nice person from Ecuador, which a year ago became my boyfriend. He recently moved back to Ecuador because he has an ambition of helping to improve his country and the way the country is driven. We are still together even though he has moved back, but I am quite lonely. I guess in some way you could say that we are serious about wanting to be together, but just that we are both trying to define the careers we want to have.
I myself have recently got a job in the oil industry and am working full time. I am also studying my master degree as well (trying to do that fulltime), so I can’t just move to where he is just yet.
I’ve never been a “forum” type of person, but I’ve heard that forums are good places to make friends or at least there is some company in discussing things with other people in the forum.
Norwegian people that get to know me has a tendency to think that I have been living in a bubble most of my life. My mother has been very protective of her children and so we haven’t really been exposed to all the “crap” that exists out there :p well, anyway, it’s not like we don’t know about things, we just haven’t been apart of any of it. A good piece of information is that my family is bilingual; we speak both Norwegian and English at home since my mother isn’t Norwegian. Let’s just say that she’s from Asia somewhere. Therefore my upbringing has been a little different – hence the bubble terminology.

Well I guess that is a good introduction to who I am… I don’t have any serious problems (that i know of at least)… I’m just a bit lonely…

Welcome, I recently joined. I think Akira is a unisex name though, not just for girls. I love the name Akira too, it's really cool.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you!

WeirdGal19 said:
Welcome, I recently joined. I think Akira is a unisex name though, not just for girls. I love the name Akira too, it's really cool.

Now that I think about it you are right. hehe, I’m just so used to it being for girls, but I recently saw a movie, "death note" where that was a boys name :p

Nice to meet you too :)

Akira said:
WeirdGal19 said:

Now that I think about it you are right. hehe, I’m just so used to it being for girls, but I recently saw a movie, "death note" where that was a boys name :p

Yeah, I forget things all the time too! Anyway, I hope you enjoy participating around the forum, it'll be nice to get to know you. :)

Welcome Akira :)

Unacceptance said:
Hi.

Are you planning on going to Ecuador too? Or is he planning on going back?

We are trying to figure it out, but for the moment, we're not going anywhere. It could go either way, but not before 2-4 years.... if there isn't any big change that occur.

Well it's a good thing you both are focusing on getting your lives together though, finishing up school and all. I mean what good are you to each other without your goals accomplished, right? Besides if it is meant to be the wait will be worth it.

Sucks that you feel lonesom, but on the plus side you've got that potential to move up and improve in the mean time.

Unacceptance said:
Well it's a good thing you both are focusing on getting your lives together though, finishing up school and all. I mean what good are you to each other without your goals accomplished, right? Besides if it is meant to be the wait will be worth it.

Sucks that you feel lonesom, but on the plus side you've got that potential to move up and improve in the mean time.

Thanks :) I try to think that if it is meant to be I don't have to worry about it, and if it isn't then I won't screw up my life in addition...

Long distance relationships are hard... and sometimes you feel lonelier when you have them, than if you didn't have a relationship at all... but as long as there is a goal in front of me... I’ll try my best. It isn't that easy to find someone you feel you could spend the rest of your life with some day...

Akira said:
Unacceptance said:

Thanks :) I try to think that if it is meant to be I don't have to worry about it, and if it isn't then I won't screw up my life in addition...

Long distance relationships are hard... and sometimes you feel lonelier when you have them, than if you didn't have a relationship at all... but as long as there is a goal in front of me... I’ll try my best. It isn't that easy to find someone you feel you could spend the rest of your life with some day...

Humm I have got to agree with you... Long distance relationships are very hard.... But don't worry, cause from the way i see it, both of you seem to be pretty much in love to plan way ahead and still keep in contact. Yeah, its is really not very easy in finding a person that can keep you company... but don't worry girl.... =) nothing is impossible in the world.... good luck on your goals by the way =).... haha I never have luck at my goals =P

Akira said:

Nice to meet you akira
for mentioning death note you instantly are a cool person:p

Welcome to the forum

NeverMore said:
Akira said:

Nice to meet you akira
for mentioning death note you instantly are a cool person:p

Welcome to the forum

thankts, i even remembered that the lead role in the movie was KIRA not Akira :p Death note was great though :)

Latest posts

Back