Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingin

Reaction score
Hi, I googled being lonely and got here. I will try and explain what sort of person I am and why I feel lonely, maybe some people will relate to me, maybe not. I am in my 30's, in a long term relationship, have lots of social opportunities and some close friends where I am (and some others back home) and some superficial ones as well.

So I guess it all sounds good, not really, I feel lonely because most of the time I am not in the mood for seeing my friends as all they want to do is drink. My girlfriend drives me nuts as she is, as she admits "very hard to live with" and constantly does things that would drive a saint to insanity. This is not just my opinion, her folks have said it and readily agree with me. I recently find myself being short tempered and not nice and petty with her and it is because of how she is as I am not usually like that, but I am being like that to try and beat her at her own game. She can't let anything drop, can't pick her battles. Why don't I leave her, well I love her, but I am going to have to eventually and it will break both our hearts.

So I feel lonely just now and not looking forward to being single. Friends are not always there for you and the older you get the more this becomes apparent, they have other priorities such as family or they are set in their ways and if they have time to escape they don't want to hear your problems (usually). So even at this relatively young age I feel lonely, which is partly my fault as I can be unwilling to go out.

Don't get me wrong I have 1 or 2 friends that I meet with and we share our thoughts, but I only see them once or twice a week, so the rest of the time I just have myself and my own thoughts and this is when I feel lonely, very lonely.

I like to make light and have a laugh about most things, but find I am, recently, walking about with a frown, life has got me down lol and I need to fight back.

Would like to chat to anyone else that feels the same way.

Latest posts

Back