Helloo.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanna

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Joanna/Jo
I'm a girl, from the UK

I don't think I'd be very comfortable blurting out my life story just yet... it'll take me a little while to open up, I think. But I will, in time! (prepare yourselves)

I'm basically here because I've realised I need to start being honest with myself and sort out a few problems.. as well as attempt to gain some social skills. ;/ I've lurked a little and I can already see that I relate to a lot of people here, so hopefully this place will help immensely.

I'm quite a troubled person.. my main problem is that I bottle a lot of stuff up and never let anyone know.. I'd really like to change that and become true to myself as well as others. I realised this a couple of days ago, I'm not sure how the matter came up but I mentioned something to one of my friends.. something about feeling unhappy, and he replied with "You? But you're the happiest person I know, you're never not smiling" and I kinda thought... gah, I'm lying to my friends as well as myself :(

But hey ho, I'm here. I apologise for that slight ramble (so much for not giving you my life story?!) I hope I'll fit in here - it'll be fun meeting everyone

Drop me a line whenever you like, I won't bite! ;]

Joanna
xxxx

Hey Joanna, welcome to A Lonely Life, I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun here, and meet some great people :)

Whatever problems you have, whatever is worrying you or that you feel confused about - post it in the forum! We'll do our utmost best to try and help you out. I was new too once, so I also understand that it can take a little while to get used to posting here. Don't worry though, we don't bite either :)

I know what you mean about the "looking happy" situation. I usually look pretty happy, but on the inside I can sometimes be deeply troubled, crying even. Now, whenever I go outside to the shops or somewhere, I look at the people walking past me and wonder: Are they also lonely? Are they also longing for someone to hug and care for them? Do they also feel lost and alone in this universe?

I think that, in some ways, we are all lonely, every single person.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find lots of people that can relate to you and could even help you as well

Thanks everyone :)

punisher - you're from Wales? Where abouts? I live in Newport :p

Welcome Joanna

Latest posts

Back