Help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuesT

Reaction score
Haven't been on in a while guys, nice to be back. I was wondering if you guys could help me think of "different" ways of making money...

I'm stuck in a bit of a "making money" rut. I recently FINALLY got a job and then I promptly quit after the first shift cuz I didn't like it. What brings hope to this situation for me is that I'm a lover of IDEAS. I love the challenge and lifestyle of having to come up with ideas to progress in my life. I'm reaching out for help on this one cuz a bunch of minds are better than one!

My best idea that I like so far is that -- since I play music -- to hand out flyers around my neighbourhood in the hopes that someone would have interest in me playing music for them in their home - maybe for a birthday party but I'm thinking even just for any old reason like "I just enjoy relaxing live music."

Anyways, anything kinda "different" like that would be cool. I did Google this and she suggests things like babysitting, selling stuff, and sperm donation so I've got some of the basic ideas down haha. I appreciate any further help, I hope you enjoy the challenge too, and maybe this can help someone like me in a similar spot!

Thanks guys!

So you're looking for an easy way to make money that doesn't require you working for a anyone? Are you planning on making a living from the money you make? Because it's really not that easy to make a living from doing odd jobs, otherwise everyone would be doing it; it's only really going to make you small amounts of money.

Since you play music I'm assuming it's with some kind of instrument, so the only thing I can think of is hire yourself out to teach others how to play.

What was the problem with the job? For most people, jobs are hard the first six months because we start to understand what is really going on.

You can teach little kids or older to play the instruments.
You can go to a theater to see if they need somebody.
If you have a diploma, maybe a school will hire you.
If the instruments is not to big, you can play on the streets, and collect some money and maybe someone will give you a job.

Quit a job after the first shift did you? You might consider omitting that from your resume. If you do try and working at a job again, see if you can tolerate it for a few months at least.

Want to be self employed do you? That usually requires a lot more effort and fortitude than working for someone else.

Need some ideas what to do? Provide goods or services people want or need that nobody else has on offer and do it for a price they're willing to pay. That should be fairly straightforward, right?

The best way to make money is to work for it.

I would advise developing some stick to it grit. And sometimes that means doing things you dont particularly like.

Gosh, it seems I struck a nerve... Sorry guys, I'm just trying to put my thinking cap on. The norm isn't always the only way to go. How do you think anything ever got done through the ages in this world? People came up with ideas.

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
-Frank Zappa

My life is going well right now, and I'm trying to progress. I want to do something I enjoy. Thanks to those who made some suggestions, and to those who stated the obvious thanks also I guess, but it wasn't really what I was looking for.

I think ideas are great for sure. But you need to earn that. I worked my way up. Now i own my own business. Follow your passions but do the scut work too. its an education in perserverance

You could try handing out flyers as you suggested in your first post. Could you try being a DJ as well? It isn't the same as actually playing, but it is still the music scene and might be easier to make money from. It might also bring you into contact with people who would be able to give you some pointers with a playing music career.

I doubt you've struck a nerve, just people being honest.

QuesT said:
Gosh, it seems I struck a nerve... Sorry guys, I'm just trying to put my thinking cap on. The norm isn't always the only way to go. How do you think anything ever got done through the ages in this world? People came up with ideas.

Are you talking about inventions? or business ventures?

Latest posts

Back