Here I am :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takamina

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Takamina!

I'm 30 years old, I'm a male and I live in Italy.

I don't want to bother you all with the story of my life, so I'll avoid it.

I'll only say that I'm here to make new friends. I know there is a great distance which divides us, but I believe that feelings and emotions can transcend physical boundaries.
I admit physical proximity is something very important in relationships, but this doesn't mean we can not start acquaintanceship and even friendship through virtual medium.

Even as an introverted and shy person, I've started great relationships towards the internet. After some time I've met those people and friendship continued after that. Physical acquaintanceship of them only confirmed what I already knew from talking with them through the internet, so I'm not skeptical about virtual friendship.

Ok, I'll just touch a little about my past. I was alone until the 20 years old.
I lived in a little town in the south of Italy, a place where people have a closed mind and they are still attached to traditions, so it's not easy to make friends if you are someway different from the other children and it's hard to fit. I was the quiet child so other children used to make fun of me and I isolated myself.

After 20 yo I went to north Italy which is like another world compared to south Italy and unexpectedly I made some great friends in a matter of weeks. They appreciated me for what I was, there was no need to act as a different person just in order to feel accepted.

Now I have 30 yo and I'm back in my native town again, I don't fit here and I feel alone. I would like to go out alone but my parents are very apprehensive so I tend to past my days at home. So I came here in the hope to make some friends or at least to find some people to spend time with!

I have a lot of interests but currently my biggest one is to learn other languages, despite what my bad English will make you think (I hardly use it so I never improve) :)

And btw sorry for the long post!

Don't be sorry for a long post, we like long posts... well most of us do can'trealy speak for everyone now can I :p

Your english is fine, few small errors but i'll probably do the same in most of my posts!

Anyways, welcome to ALL, hope you'll find what you're looking for!

Well I'm glad the forum has a new member from the South of Italy....I hope you like it here and your written English is pretty good.

Welcome, takamina! I'm sure you find god friends here. Small towns may be nice to live, but if people there have different mindset it's a headache (

takamina said:
Thank you all for your replies! I already feel less lonely than before!

Try to find some interesting topics on forum, about your hobbies for example - or create them! It will be even better, as you'll be able to communicate with like-minded people on daily basis :)

Augusto said:
takamina said:
Thank you all for your replies! I already feel less lonely than before!

Try to find some interesting topics on forum, about your hobbies for example - or create them! It will be even better, as you'll be able to communicate with like-minded people on daily basis :)

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely try it :)  You know what? I'll do it now :D

Latest posts

Back