Heres where im at in life and i NEED help (plzzz)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdviceTaker

Reaction score
alrite so... im 18 almost 19. i dont hav job. no education. i live with mom that gets drunk evry night and is depressed cus my sis and bro died. i made it to senior year in high skool but kept runnin away to meditate in a spot in the woods instead. i just wanted to find solitude and not hav to do all these things. i love to learn i read all the time (specially on spiritual stuff, the mind, psychology, and martial arts) but social situations i dont do good in. thats y skool didnt do good for me. my parents got divorced wen i was like 14 maybe 15. umm, i smoke a lota weed at times. some times ill not smoke for a good while. im big into martial arts i got tons of books on it and study it all the time and use any opportunity there is i can get to learn more about martial arts. anyways wat i want in life is solitude and a lot of time to put forth for martial art trainin. thats y i been thinkin bout goin to buddhist temple cus im buddhist even if i dont train martial arts at least i get solitude and carin community that helps each other out. anyways that dream is a hard one. and with the way i view life, its hard for me to live in my society. im so different than evryone else i noticed things that ppl dont think to notice im too in tuned with surroundin energies and emotions. anyways i need help. im not doin the right thing and the right thing is disgustin to me i dont like that life style. its like a lose lose im seein it as. DOES ANY1 GET ME? any advice plzzz i will greatly apprectiate it
i just wanna flowwwww with nature

Okay...first things first GO BACK TO SCHOOL! These days you are not going to get very far in life if you don't finish high school, heck you even need a college education anymore. I'm anti drugs so I'm going to suggest that you put down the weed permanently. You're at a very vital stage of life right now, it's make it or break it. If you don't start on the right path now it will only get harder later in life. You're an adult now and there are these expectations on you at your age, its horrible because you're still too young to just do it on your own. Seek out guidance if you need to, there are programs out there to help people get jobs. It might seem humiliating to ask for help but if you are having trouble finding a job and have no direction in life they can help. I went through a rough patch after a very bad job I had, thankfully there was a program the I was able to get into with people who listened to me, my fears, my wants and helped me get a job where I wouldn't end up in the same situation again.

If you want to flow with nature get a job in landscaping or something that takes you outside, but please don't waste your life. You can still experience life while getting an education and working. My bosses son was able to do this while going to University, he went to different places around the world, got into a work placement co-op program which helped with this and now he's moving to Quebec for his job. He's had so much life experience and had a lot of fun doing it, grant you his parents are upper class so some of this was made easier for him. But still, his schooling also opened up these opportunities to him.

When I was your age I wish I took a different direction in life that would have opened up opportunities like these to me, it would have helped me grow as a person and I probably wouldn't be here right now.

Get straight and sober YESTERMINUTE !
(trust me on this one, weed took 20+ years from my life by keeping
me in the same damned place)

Whether you go back to school or not,
you need to master something that others are
willing to pay you well for. If you think things are bad now,
just add 20+ years with very little money and no future.

Listen to the audio recordings of Buddhist nun Pema Chodron.
She gives great advise and has a delightful sense of humor.

Breathe in
Breathe out

you know, at 18 it's ok not to have a job... you're still not adult even if you consider yourself as one.
the best thing you can do is to find something that you really want to do in life and try to achieve it.
if you're not sure, which is very normal for your age i'd personally advice you to find any best payed job you can find now, work your ass of for couple of month, save that money buy a lonely planet guide (best is not to buy one and just follow the moment) and go for long term trip (south america/east asia/new zealand). it might won't help you to find your purpose in life, but it will teach you responsibility, give you kick ass life experiences and you will meet bunch of cool ppl and see awesome places :)

ow, and don't go to asia for weed and other stuff... it won't make your life any better.

thx for the advice guys. and to add i did hav a job at walmart. It was the graveyard shift 4 days a week 10 pm to 7 am. i was happy cus i was doin wat i was spose to like have a job, but i was depressed cus of the time i had to work. after first day i didnt show up again didnt even call or pick up my check for one day of work and 2 days trainin. Its kinda lame. I felt horrible for wat ive done. Lot of ppl were dissapointed. And i lost tons of confidence in myself becus i just quit after one day. I remember comin home from that first day of work and the sun burned my eyes i wished so bad it was night. I was miserable and grouchy and tired sayin that im not goin back. Ill just find a better job at better time. But then i just feel like an idiot for wat ive done and dont wana be seen at times. IDK

o ya and another thing i should deff add is that i never had a girlfriend. I honestly see myself as a good lookin guy and can tell that some girls see me attractive but its the talkin part im not goin nowhere with. Im so afraid to do it that id rather not have a girlfriend than to go through the nerves i get from talkin to them. But i really do want a gf its just that the talkin is bad for me. Get nervous. I do hav lotta friends but now i only hang out with a handful which they r all potheads. Im a really nice guy tho. maybe that counts for something. I care a lot but dont show it cus i dont say much. But i think the world of ppl(just dont say it).

o ya and another thing i should deff add is that i never had a girlfriend. I honestly see myself as a good lookin guy and can tell that some girls see me attractive but its the talkin part im not goin nowhere with. Im so afraid to do it that id rather not have a girlfriend than to go through the nerves i get from talkin to them. But i really do want a gf its just that the talkin is bad for me. Get nervous. I do hav lotta friends but now i only hang out with a handful which they r all potheads. Im a really nice guy tho. maybe that counts for something. I care a lot but dont show it cus i dont say much. But i think the world of ppl(just dont say it).

i think you shouldn't work at a place which makes you miserable.
what a bout military? i don't know how thighs are going at us (ur from there right?), but i was serving two years and don't regret it at all.

ow, and don't go to asia for weed and other stuff... it won't make your life any better.
[/quote]

i wouldnt go for weed. Id go to be member of buddhist temple and follow their ways. but its not so easy to just go there and know id be accepted.

At least you feel bad about what you did, that's an important start. Don't let it get you down though, it was a learning experience for you, I'm more impressed you realize this instead of not caring. Working the night shift, yesh man kudos to you for even attempting it, I've never done that I like to sleep at night. (man i'm glad i re-read that i forgot the f in shift...)

sunny said:
what a bout military? i don't know how thighs are going at us (ur from there right?), but i was serving two years and don't regret it at all.

i was gonna join marines but my country is in a war that is very inhumane i will not help out with such a thing. (and ya i from US)

AdviceTaker said:
sunny said:

i was gonna join marines but my country is in a war that is very inhumane i will not help out with such a thing. (and ya i from US)

don't think that military is just fighting and what they show on tv, there are bunch of cool stuff which you won't find in any other place. i was at small base connected to nato in the air force. you learn so many things you never knew are going on. and i polished my social skills there, got new friends, one very good friend, and so many more.. you can even find a girl friend there...
but of course there are also lots of nasty things going on... but you take it as life experience... i remember mostly the good ones

Oh yeah, definitely don't work someplace you are miserable NOT GOOD! Been there done that for 3 years and I was a mess by the time I left. Not all jobs are peaches, sometimes we have to work places we'd rather not be but if there is no light, only darkness, that's bad especially for someone in the place you are at. There are some people who are happy flipping burgers, I worked at McDonalds in my teen years and it wasn't too bad, we had a manager that would sing the Rubber Ducky song from Sesame Street. It was...fun. Not suggesting you get a job doing that though, lol. That's why I mentioned about work placement programs in my first post, those places can help put you in the right kind of job. I don't know about in the US but the ones here even reimburse the company for part of your wages, around here a lot of places use the Job Program when hiring. Less expense to them and it's good experience for you.

so its 4 42 am im stoned and exhausted bout ta go to bed. ya its bad i been gettin stoned and stayin up very late lately. But i smoked the rest of my stuff and am plannin on not smokin tomoro and gettin toxins out. lota water lemons green tea. I wana clear my head and then go from there. So i am on the urge to take the first step to change. Gotta go sleep now... then wake up prolly feelin cloudy from all the weed. and i hope to find myself not high at all tomoro. then from there itll be easier to not smoke, its that first day thats hard, and can giv my head a break so i can think straight and get things straight. Any other tips btw??

Latest posts

Back