Hey from new girl

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delphinium

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm Delphinium
I'm 22 yrs old, female. Nice to meet you.
I'm graduated from college last summer and since then I feel I'm not improving much and kinda stuck at home doing nothing, with no socialization... ( I do nothing, doesn't mean I don't have anything to do :) ) I just lost my motivation and got a bit lazy, though there are many things I should be doing right now and actually I don't even have time to be lazy.
When I was at college it was ok I was getting well with people, having fun and doing everything fine and in time etc. But after graduation every social thing I had fade away and also I become stuck with this weird lazy state where I have no one to talk much...

Anyway I found this site and thought I would join.
Hope I didn't bore you much from the beginning :p
And btw forgive me if there are any mistakes in my english, it's not my native.

Hey and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry you are having trouble finding people to talk to but you will see there are quite a few with similar problems here so I'm sure you will have no trouble making a few friends.

I would write more but I can't think straight until I get a coffee but if you ever need anything feel free to PM , good luck and take care!

~Michael

Oh and also , your english is fine.

Hi Delphinium ~ Welcome to ALL! What was your major in college and what type of work are you looking for? Have you registered at any of the employment agencies? Instead of sitting around doing nothing useful, why don't you offer your help in some charitable activities in your local community. That might even lead to gainful employment. Anything would be better than sitting around wasting time in a "weird lazy state". LG:)

Hi Delphinium welcome to the forums. I second what LGH said, while looking for a job volunteering your time is a good idea, plus it looks good on your resume. ;)

Sci-Fi said:
Hi Delphinium welcome to the forums. I second what LGH said, while looking for a job volunteering your time is a good idea, plus it looks good on your resume. ;)

Hi Sci-Fi ~ Yes! The résumé is a great point! I'm sorry to be the one who is always "cracking the whip" (don't get excited Joseph!) but I see possible trouble brewing on the horizon. Bad habits can lead to bad choices. Even delphiniums need to be watered and nurtured! So, without further ado, I'm posting this for Delphinium's benefit:
12 TIPS TO OVERCOMING LAZINESS
By Remez Sasson
What is laziness? It is a state of idleness and inner resistance to exerting effort and acting. It is a state of passivity and of letting things stay as they are. Sometimes we enjoy being a little lazy, such as after working hard for several hours, or on a very cold or warm day, but if this state occurs too often, something has to be done about it. In order to perform our chores and work efficiently, and to live a full, active and successful life, we must learn how to overcome laziness. Here are a few simple tips for overcoming laziness, which I hope you will find useful:
1.) BREAK DOWN TASKS
We often avoid tasks because we find them too big, too overwhelming, too tiring or taking too much of our time. Breaking a task into several smaller tasks can solve this problem. Then each one will not seem so difficult or intimidating. Instead of having one big task, we will have a series of small tasks, which do not require too much effort. This approach can be applied not only to tasks, but also to goals and everything else we have or need to do. This will tend to melt much of the laziness and inner resistance we often experience.
2.) REST~SLEEP~EXERCISE
In some cases, laziness is due to being tired and lacking energy. If this is true in your case, you need to give yourself the rest and sleep you need, and also give your body enough exercise and fresh air.
3.) STRENGTHEN MOTIVATION
In some cases, the reason for laziness is due to lack of motivation. You can strengthen your motivation through affirmations, visualization and thinking about the importance of performing your task or chore or achieving your goal.
4.) HAVE A VISION OF WHO YOU WANT TO BE
Frequently reflecting on the person we want to be, the goals we want to achieve, and the life we want to live, can motivate us to act.
5.) THINK ABOUT BENEFITS
Think about the benefits you will gain if you overcome your laziness and take action, instead of thinking about the difficulties or obstacles. Focusing on the difficulties of the task or action lead to discouragement, avoidance of taking action and to laziness. It is important that you focus your mind and attention on the benefits, not on the difficulties.
6.) THINK ABOUT CONSEQUENCES
Think about what will happen, if you succumb to laziness, and don't perform your task or chore. Thinking about the consequences, if you do not act, can also push you to take action.
7.) DO ONE THING AT A TIME
Focus on doing one thing at a time. If you feel you have a lot to do, you will probably feel overwhelmed and let laziness overcome you, instead of you overcoming laziness.
8.) VISUALIZE
Your imagination has a great influence on your mind, habits and action. Visualize yourself performing the task easily, energetically and enthusiastically. Do so before starting with a task or goal, and also when you feel lazy, or when your mind whispers to you to abandon what you are doing.
9.) REPEAT AFFIRMATIONS
Tell yourself:
"I can accomplish my goal."
"I have the energy and motivation to act and do whatever I want or have to do."
"Doing things makes me stronger."
"Doing things makes things happen."
10.) REGARD TASKS AS EXERCISES
Consider each task as an exercise to make you stronger, more decisive and more assertive.
11.) AVOID PROCRASTINATION
Avoid procrastination, which is a form of laziness. If there is something you have to do, why not do it right now and get through with it? Why let it stay nagging at the back of your head?
12.) LEARN FROM SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
Watch successful people, and how they do not let laziness win. Learn from them, talk with them and associate with them.
IN CONCLUSION:
Overcoming the habit of laziness is achieved through a series of daily actions and activities, when you choose to act, instead of remaining passive. Every time you overcome your laziness you get stronger. Every time you choose to act, you increase your ability to win, achieve goals and improve your life.

Hi delphinium!
Welcome to the forums!
Hope u find the energy to start taking action in ur life :) I understand that if u are feeling lonely and have no one to talk to u feel likely to do nothing, but if u try going out u will meet ppl and friends. Good luck!

Hi Delphinium!

I'm in a similar situation as you, so you don't have to feel that you're lone with the problem. Things can easily go out of hand when you are completely free to dispose your time as you wish. I think LGH1288 gave you some great advice on the issue, wish you the best of luck!

And of course welcome to the forums!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming
and sorry for the late reply.

brickinthewall said:
Hey and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry you are having trouble finding people to talk to but you will see there are quite a few with similar problems here so I'm sure you will have no trouble making a few friends.

I would write more but I can't think straight until I get a coffee but if you ever need anything feel free to PM , good luck and take care!

~Michael

Oh and also , your english is fine.

spectacles said:
Hi delphinium!
Welcome to the forums!
Hope u find the energy to start taking action in ur life :) I understand that if u are feeling lonely and have no one to talk to u feel likely to do nothing, but if u try going out u will meet ppl and friends. Good luck!

Thanks. Hopefully when I get myself a job I'll have a new social circle. That was my original plan but I guess I'm a bit side tracked.

LGH1288 said:
Hi Delphinium ~ Welcome to ALL! What was your major in college and what type of work are you looking for? Have you registered at any of the employment agencies? Instead of sitting around doing nothing useful, why don't you offer your help in some charitable activities in your local community. That might even lead to gainful employment. Anything would be better than sitting around wasting time in a "weird lazy state". LG:)

I studied graphic design at college. I'm looking for a graphic design job but first I believe I need a well prepared portfolio. I have some works of mine from college but I should add more stuff and I gotta present it well. I planned everything and kinda know what I need and what I should do to make my portfolio attractive. The problem is I'm a bit blocked and don't feel like draw or design anything.
And I'm side tracked a bit by some exams, I have to study for them, I'm trying to get in a new college, in where I am, I have to pass some exams in order to enter a college.

Btw thanks for the great advices on your other reply.

Nightwatcher said:
Hi Delphinium!

I'm in a similar situation as you, so you don't have to feel that you're lone with the problem. Things can easily go out of hand when you are completely free to dispose your time as you wish. I think LGH1288 gave you some great advice on the issue, wish you the best of luck!

And of course welcome to the forums!

Thanks, and I wish you luck too ^^
I know too much unplanned time is hard to control, it's too easy to become lazy.

Latest posts

Back