Hey, I'm Procura

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Procura

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Feeling pretty lonely these days, and while searching online for tips and stuff, I found this forum. Joined right away, but hesitated a long time before posting, I'm not usually much of a "Forum guy", but after trying to meet new people for a few months without success, I told myself, "heck, why not".

I'm a 28 years old guy. I live in Quebec City. Native language is French, but I think I'm pretty good in English, and beside I didn't find something similar to this in French (If you know of something, let me know)

I've been lonely for most of my childhood and teenage years; had a few "friends" here and there, but, I'm not sure how to express it, it wasn't really "friendship", more like people I was with because, if I wasn't with them, I was alone. I also was a big victim of bullying at high school, and right at the end of it I had a big sickness, which forced me to go to the hospital for a few months. All of this pretty much shattered my self-esteem and I never really recovered, but at college I made my first true friends. After a year I even started to go out with my sister's best friend. At first it was weird, but it quickly became the best thing ever, and those were honestly the happiest days of my life. Every single day, I had a call from a friend or my girlfriend, I was never alone, and we often did things together as a group, it was wonderful.

Then, when I wanted to go to University, I had to move to another town, because I come from a small city and its university didn't have the course I was interested in. Anyways, long story short, I stayed in contact with my friends over the Internet, my girlfriend even came to live with me after a while, but over the years, my girlfriend left me for another guy, and I lost contact with most of my friends. I only have one real friend left, and since about a year, he's so busy that I can barely talk to him a hour or two per week, sometimes even less.

It's now been around 10 years I live in Quebec, but I've never been able to make another friend here. Once my ex left me, I've never been able to find another girl either, and honestly I didn't really tried. At first, as long as I had my friends I was still happy. But now...

Now I'm not too sure what to do. I get along very well with everyone at my job, but they're all people at least 20 years older than me, which by itself isn't so bad, but they all have way too busy lives to have time to see me outside work. I've tried to meet people in different ways, but it never works. I usually like different things than most people, and even the things I like, I see them differently than most people, and I rarely like "popular" things. So it's hard for me to find people with similar interests, and when I do, we still don't see things the same way.

I also don't drink or smoke, and perfumes give me a headache, and I'm kind of shy, so I can't really go to bars or other places with lots of people. I tried a few times, but I'm so uncomfortable that it doesn't work at all. I'm also extremely sensitive and easily offended, probably because of my self-esteem; when people tease me I get angry, and then often people think I'm a jerk because of this.

I'm also completely incapable of lying. If someone asks me for my opinion, I give it. The problem is that most people expect compliments or things like that when they ask for an opinion. I've met a few people who tell me it's a big quality, but most people think I'm a jerk because I don't tell them what they want to hear.

Anyways, sorry for the huge text, just wanted to explain why I'm lonely. I tend to write big texts in forums, and I know most people dislike it, so that's why I don't tend to go often in forums. If anybody has any idea to help me, go ahead, if not, well at least chatting a bit would be good.

I'm gonna post another message in the "Networking" section, so if you want a penpal or something like that, feel free to check my other post.

If you actually read all of this, well, thanks a lot, I mean it.

Welcome Procura!!
Nice to see you here. I'm new on this forum, too. If you're interested, you can make friends with me, although I have no experience talking to a guy. :)

Hey, thanks a lot everyone for the warm welcomes. I didn't expect so many answers so soon, and I already have a few people sending me private messages to talk with me.

I don't know what else to say, except thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Have a nice day everyone.

353b7u1.jpg

Hope you make friends here

Latest posts

Back