Hi all =) greetings from Aus

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a 19yr old female from australia; i'm currently studying at uni and living at home with my folks.

I always feel like I have trouble meeting new people, making new friends/keep in touch with friends, and me being quite self-conscious doesn't help either. Ppl usually see me as quite "nerdy" and while i want to do well, atm i'd rather make more friends but it seems like other ppl don't see it that way. I am also easily stressed-out(but i don't show it and most ppl think i handle well) and this stress is havin quite a huge impact on my physical health.

I hope to meet some nice ppl here; and possibly make some good friendships :) As a result I hope that I can build more self-confidence along the way!

A bit about me: I study science at uni; i love music - pop or classical-pop-cross-over stuff; i dun do much on wkends (cos i dun have much fds) except partime work.

Pls Feel free to PM or email me :)

Welcome Nicky :)

welcome nicky =) same here...although hummm.... I don't live in australia.

Hi and welcome to the forum, Nicky. :) Be sure and check out the chat sometime. It's the FIRST chat link on the forum main page.

i just came to this board and this was the first thread i saw!

hi Nicky, I'm an 18yr old male from australia; i'm currently studying at tafe and living away from home

:) :) :)

Do you know the story about the name "kangaroo"? :)
[/quote]

no, actually i don't - is there a store behind it?? i thought it's just some aboriginal word......

Nicky said:
no, actually i don't - is there a store behind it?? i thought it's just some aboriginal word......

Yup.

When the English first arrived to Australia, they noticed this strange animal jumping extremely high and long and using body language and and signs (because no one knew their language yet) asked the Aborigines what kind of animal is that and what's its name.

Aborigines replied "Kan Ghu Ru" and so the animal was named Kangaroo.

"Kan Ghu Ru" means "We don't understand you". :D

Latest posts

Back