Hi everybody!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustii80

Reaction score
Hi I'm dustii, I'm a 31/F and recently left my home state and moved into another with my bf. He works longgg hours and I don't know a single soul around me. We live near a mostly older crowd and I admit it...I get really lonely. I go out and try to make friends but I am a little shy.

I don't have a job right now and my bf would rather i didn't since we live fine on his paycheck and his hours can be unpredictable and he's afraid we'd never see each other if I worked to.

So there you have the low-down on me. I am pretty friendly and think I am a nice kind of person.... I really hope somebody says hi to me.

I googled, "where to go when you're lonely" on Google and this is one of the places that turned up. The name of the site sure hit home for me.

Hi condemnedsoul666, thanks for the offer!! I was sooo relieved to have someone answer. I think my big fear is that this site is already in sort of set groups and everyone would ignore me. I know that sounds silly...

dustii80 said:
Hi condemnedsoul666, thanks for the offer!! I was sooo relieved to have someone answer. I think my big fear is that this site is already in sort of set groups and everyone would ignore me. I know that sounds silly...

Not really :) i thought that at first but then i just started randomly talking to people and got responses almost immediately, sometimes it can be a little slow but all in all the people here are quite friendly :)

Thanks Alex! That's good to hear! I am Dusti! I wasn't creative enough to come up with another one and it was available to use so I ran with it! Thanks again for being so nice.

dustii80 said:
Thanks Alex! That's good to hear! I am Dusti! I wasn't creative enough to come up with another one and it was available to use so I ran with it! Thanks again for being so nice.

No problem :)
I only aim to please :)

Hello and welcome! Dustii80, this forum has helped me fight lonliness for the past 6 months! I believe if you are active in posting to threads and reaching out, you will find it a great experience!

Thanks for all the welcomes. :) Nothing much has changed for me. I did et a part time job doe a few months and I was away from the BF too much and the place I was working was a hours drive away. Then my car died and it's going to be too pricey to fix anytime soon so I'm back. I am so slow to make friends. But I am very happy to see you answered my post.

dustii80 said:
Hi I'm dustii, I'm a 31/F and recently left my home state and moved into another with my bf. He works longgg hours and I don't know a single soul around me. We live near a mostly older crowd and I admit it...I get really lonely. I go out and try to make friends but I am a little shy.

I don't have a job right now and my bf would rather i didn't since we live fine on his paycheck and his hours can be unpredictable and he's afraid we'd never see each other if I worked to.

So there you have the low-down on me. I am pretty friendly and think I am a nice kind of person.... I really hope somebody says hi to me.

I googled, "where to go when you're lonely" on Google and this is one of the places that turned up. The name of the site sure hit home for me.

My story is much the same thing except I'm older dealing with a younger crowd. The people that are my age (44) already have their group of 10 friends and don't seem to want any more than that.

Thanks again for the welcomes. I'm happy to meet you all. I am so slow in getting around to meet people. I am a little shy too and that doesn't help. I am doing some reading in here and think the site does sound very friendly. I will eventually work up my never and start posting a few things. It's always been hard for me to get started in anything I'm new too.

Latest posts

Back