Introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbannon04

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Maria, I live a very lonely life! My life, as a child was filled with physical abuse, mental abuse and sexual abuse. Both my parents were alcoholics. My step parents were alcoholics and there was drug abuse with them. Also it has definitely scarred the way that I function in my daily life. My first husband I was with for 10 years after we got married he changed, and became physically abusive. My fiancé after that was an alcoholic, and he was mentally and financially abusive. My second husband is very controlling, he wants it to be his way, and pretty much only his way. After a couple financial mishaps because I didn’t make very much money or use credit and got into debt. But he made so much more money than I did, and didn’t understand how much life cost. So we separated our finances, and he’s always bragging about how much his bonuses are in the pay raises that he gets. He goes and buys motorcycles and whatever he wants but doesn’t ever offer to buy things for me or for the house that I would want. He’s told me I’m lazy, undisciplined and unmotivated. I’m in remission from cancer I’ve been in remission since 2015, I’ve never been the same since the chemotherapy, and I also have fibromyalgia. Some days it’s all I can do to get up and function. I don’t really have any friends because I cannot seem to trust them I believe that’s the result of my childhood, and the trauma, that what was supposed to be my best friend inflicted on me. When I was diagnosed with cancer, they went to do the biopsy and nicked my pancreas and throat threw me into acute pancreatitis. I was in the hospital for 16 days. She came and saw me once and then ghosted me. We recently got back in contact but I have a hard time because there’s been several times that she says that caring for sick people is her thing, my husband and I have friends but they are his friends. And he doesn’t understand that I’d rather be at home alone then go with him most of the time and be around them while they all drink and get drunk that’s just not my thing.

Hi, my name is Maria, I live a very lonely life! My life, as a child was filled with physical abuse, mental abuse and sexual abuse. Both my parents were alcoholics. My step parents were alcoholics and there was drug abuse with them. Also it has definitely scarred the way that I function in my daily life. My first husband I was with for 10 years after we got married he changed, and became physically abusive. My fiancé after that was an alcoholic, and he was mentally and financially abusive. My second husband is very controlling, he wants it to be his way, and pretty much only his way. After a couple financial mishaps because I didn’t make very much money or use credit and got into debt. But he made so much more money than I did, and didn’t understand how much life cost. So we separated our finances, and he’s always bragging about how much his bonuses are in the pay raises that he gets. He goes and buys motorcycles and whatever he wants but doesn’t ever offer to buy things for me or for the house that I would want. He’s told me I’m lazy, undisciplined and unmotivated. I’m in remission from cancer I’ve been in remission since 2015, I’ve never been the same since the chemotherapy, and I also have fibromyalgia. Some days it’s all I can do to get up and function. I don’t really have any friends because I cannot seem to trust them I believe that’s the result of my childhood, and the trauma, that what was supposed to be my best friend inflicted on me. When I was diagnosed with cancer, they went to do the biopsy and nicked my pancreas and throat threw me into acute pancreatitis. I was in the hospital for 16 days. She came and saw me once and then ghosted me. We recently got back in contact but I have a hard time because there’s been several times that she says that caring for sick people is her thing, my husband and I have friends but they are his friends. And he doesn’t understand that I’d rather be at home alone then go with him most of the time and be around them while they all drink and get drunk that’s just not my thing.
Hi and welcome to ALL. I'm sorry it's been such a difficult journey. Hopefully you can find some respite here.

Congrats on your cancer remission. I can fully understand about the alcoholic abuse. Been there done that, though, just the marriage part, not the growing up part. Have you considered Alanon? I know it's not for everyone and I know most people think it's all about religion, but it's not. I know many atheists that are working the steps. There are online groups, as well if you don't feel up to doing it in person. It's one of the best things I've ever done.

Welcome to the forum :)

Latest posts

Back